Tiger tattoos are undeniably inspiring a lot of professional tattoo artists these days. This is the main reason why these tattoo artists are also continually making some innovations about the design variations of these tattoos. With the wide tiger tattoo design variations, great numbers of tattoo lovers in the world are falling in love with these animal tattoos. Tigers are very popular animals in the past and even today. There’s something regal regarding these animals, which is why many people cannot resist them from tattooing on their own body. Aside from the fact that these tattoos can be extremely gorgeous to look at on someone’s body, it also cannot be denied that these are associated with a number of meanings.
Table of Contents
The Meanings and Symbolisms of Tiger Tattoos
Tiger tattoos are of course, have their own meanings and symbolisms just like the other kinds of animal tattoos that you can commonly see on people’s body today. As a matter of fact, these tattoos are not only chosen by many people because of their very gorgeous appeal, but because of their important symbolisms and meanings as well. If you want to know all these things, then consider the following information:
- Ferocity – Tigers are actually being associated to lions, which is why they are also considered to be very ferocious. Just in case you do not know, tigers belong to the family of cats. Even so, these ones have huge sizes when compared to the regular cat pets. They can also be very wild just like lions if you provoke them, so you better stay away from the tigers. In case you want to show how ferocious kind of a human you are specially when you are being betrayed, then it is certainly great for you to have a tiger designed tattoo.
- Strength – A tiger is one of those animals that you can find in the forest that have very incredible strength that can be compared to lions, elephant and some other powerful animals out there. This is the main reason why a tiger tattoo is known to imply strength. Because of this, there is no question why a tiger tattoo is perfect for those people who have great strength with them.
- Vengeance – Many people believe that tigers will never do bad things over you, unless you have done something wrong to them. And once you provoke them, there is no way you can control them from rampaging. You will definitely end up your own life instantly. Once tigers take actions, they always succeed from taking vengeance. Hence, it is no longer surprising why tiger tattoos are considered to be symbols of vengeance. If you want to show to people your vengeful nature for the purpose of warning them, then this tattoo would be great to wear.
- Violence – Just in case you do not know, tiger animals are also being associated to a lot of cultures in the world. Some cultures considered them as villains of their place that spread the spirit of violence, while others believed that they symbolize goodness that there is no need to get feared on these animals. For some Asian cultures, tigers were considered to be very destructive particularly in India where these animals completely destroyed Indian villages and eat some humans.
- Protection – Another thing that a tiger tattoo symbolizes is protection. Well, there is no question about that since tigers are very powerful and many animals and humans do not dare to make a mess with them. In other words, many are afraid of them so they can surely say that they can protect their own selves well. However, that is a very ordinary fact. Here is the unusual one. Do you know that tigers are considered to be the protectors of the dead people? Yes, you read it right. It is according to the Chinese culture. In fact, a number of Chinese people in the past, engraved the image of a tiger on the gravestones of their late family members. They believed that the image of the tiger there will help the soul of the dead goes to the afterlife easily.
Gorgeous Designs of Tiger Tattoos to Consider
In case you are one of those people who are thinking of having a gorgeous tiger tattoo, then you should know that you can have several variations of designs from such tattoo. You can even just make your own original tiger tattoo design with the assistance of your hired professional tattoo artist. This will surely make you stand out amongst the heavy crowd. In relation to this, here are some of the tiger tattoo designs that you can take into consideration:
- Dragon and a Tiger Tattoo Design – This particular tiger tattoo design is very popular amongst the Chinese people. It is simply because both of these creatures have great importance to the Chinese culture. There were Chinese folklore that said that these two were enemies. Despite of this, these two can make a very meaningful tattoo. The tiger represents strength and power, while the dragon is symbolizing wisdom and knowledge. Aren’t they great combinations?
- Baby Tiger Tattoo Design – Almost all of the people who prefer being tattooed with tiger images want those images of adult tigers. Do you know that a baby tiger image can also be a very meaningful and gorgeous tattoo design? This can be perfect for women and for those young ones. This tattoo will surely show the innocent side of yours. This can also be a tattoo that will show the love of a mother to her children. Hence, in case you are already a mother, you can always opt for such tiger tattoo design.
- Tribal Tiger Tattoo Design – Another common and worth considering design is the tribal tiger tattoo design. Almost all kinds of tattoos can be incorporated with tribal designs. In case you opt for this, there is no way you will not look as gorgeous as you want. Moreover, people will surely admire you since tribal tattoos are normally very meaningful. People who are intelligent enough will understand the message of your tribal tiger tattoo for sure. If you also belong to a tribe that considers a tiger to be a sacred animal, then wearing a tribal tiger tattoo that incorporates designs related to your tribe would be ideal.
- Realistic 3d Tiger Tattoo Design – Another modern-era design of a tattoo that is preferred by a lot of people of today is the realistic tiger tattoo design. This design usually involves a 3D design of a tiger that will greatly showcase the gorgeousness of the shiny striped coat of this animal as well as its unique adorable eyes. Hence, if you want to have a very clear and beautiful design that will match your unique personality, then a realistic tiger tattoo design would be more than perfect for you.
Popular Pictures Of Tiger Tattoos
Tiger tattoos are without a doubt, the choices of many when it comes to body tattoos. It is definitely because of the fact that tigers are extremely symbolic animals, and they can create a very gorgeous design of a tattoo on someone’s body; not to mention the fact that these tattoos can offer a wide range of designs.