Samurai tattoo is one body art that is getting more and more popularity in the entire world these days. A lot of men and women tattoo lovers with different nationalities are engraving this intensely stunning body art on their own body. Even so, do you have any idea that samurai tattoos actually originate from Japan? Yes, you read it right. Such body adornment has a very important role in the Japanese culture, especially during the ancient times. For you to know, samurai was the general term used for those warriors in Japan during the Medieval times. These warriors were the ones who were tasked in protecting those very important people in the ancient Japan. Such position cannot be achieved that easily. You need to be a son of a samurai before you can become one, or you can simply get married into a samurai.
Table of Contents
Meanings and Symbolisms of Samurai Tattoo
Samurai tattoo is actually just like those some other kinds of tattoos that you can have on your body since it is also very meaningful. Yes, this particular tattoo will not only enhance your physical appearance, but also help you build a very intriguing personality. Meaning to say, there will be more and more people who will become curious about you, especially your very unique personality. Here are some of the meanings and symbolisms of the samurai tattoos that you must know:
- Honor – One very significant thing that is being symbolized by the samurai tattoos is honor. What do you think is the reason then? Well, it is simply because being one of the samurais in the ancient Japan is a great honor for those ancient Japanese people. This was the main reason why there are lots of Japanese in the past years who did their best just to become a member of those elite Japanese warriors.
- Respect – Just in case you do not know, the common Japanese people in the past years had high respect to those elite warriors in Japan. Samurais were being recognized with their strength and dutiful nature. Hence, it is no longer surprising why samurai tattoos are representing respect.
- Service – Being a samurai in the ancient Japan was actually more of a service than an achievement. Those elite warriors never became very proud to themselves because they made it to become one of the highly respected samurais in Japan. Instead, they did their best in doing their job since they saw the title as a service than a fame or achievement.
- Bravery – Bravery is another important thing that a samurai tattoo is representing. There is no need for further explanations about it, for sure. The simple explanation regarding this is that those samurais in the ancient Japan were considered to be very brave warriors. They never cared that their lives might be put into danger in doing their responsibility of protecting those Japanese nobles.
- Loyalty – Samurais were known to be extremely loyal to their masters. They always follow those ancient Japanese nobles to whom where they were serving. Their lives were already dedicated to those nobles that they were more than willing to die just to protect those nobles as far as they could. This is the main reason why samurai tattoos are known to be symbolizing loyalty.
Some Gorgeous Designs of Samurai Tattoo
In case you are one of those people who are thinking of getting tattooed with samurai tattoos, then you should be very happy to know that these body adornments can offer you a lot of options when it comes to design. All of these designs are assured to be very gorgeous. You might be thinking these tattoos are only involving with plain samurai images. You are actually right in thinking this way, but you must know that samurai tattoos can also be just an image of something that is related to samurais like the samurai armor and the likes. In this regard, here are some gorgeous designs for a samurai tattoo that you can take into account:
- Samurai Weapon Design – In the 15th century, the ancient Japanese samurais were already using firearms in protecting those ancient Japanese nobles. Even so, you should know that samurais were very popular because of their very sharp and beautifully designed Japanese swords. If you are one of those people in the world who are being captivated with these Japanese swords, then wearing a samurai weapon tattoo would be great for you.
- Women Samurai Design – In case you get married to a samurai man, then you will be automatically become a samurai woman. This is something that you cannot be changed in the past years. If you are not ready for the responsibilities of a samurai woman, then you should not dare to get married to a samurai man. A lot of very brave women tattoo lovers in the world are choosing this particular design.
- Samurai Armor Design – Another worth considering gorgeous design of samurai tattoos that you can take into account is the samurai armor design. Samurais were known to have a very sturdy and heavy armor, which is very interesting to have as a tattoo on your body. This can certainly look great on your physical appearance. This design is the common choice of those men tattoo lovers in the world since it is symbolizing masculinity.
- Samurai in Full Ragalia Design – The most popular design of the samurai tattoos is the samurai in full regalia design. This design is depicting a samurai that is in complete costume ready to do his or her duties. This design is symbolizing preparedness.
Popular Images Of Samurai Tattoos
A samurai tattoo is definitely one of the most beautiful and most meaningful tattoos that you can have on your body. This will certainly make you look great in the eyes of many people. Apart from that, you can also make sure that you will look very intriguing to others because of this tattoo. Just be careful to choose the best design that perfectly fits your physical appearance and unique personality. You do not want to wear a tattoo that is not complementing the real you, right?