A lot of fashion-oriented individuals find rib tattoos as great fashion adornments on the body. The truth is, tattoos on the rib part are also called side tattoos since ribs can be found at the left and right sides of a human body. The main reason why a lot of people are going for these tattoos is the fact that these will made them head turners. There is no way other people won’t notice your tattoos once you take off your clothes, or when you wear something that will display your ribs part.
Table of Contents
Advantages and Disadvantages of Rib Tattoos
You might be into rib tattoos or side tattoos, but the question is, do you know the advantages and disadvantages these tattoos can offer to you? Here are some of the amazing advantages you should know:
- More Gorgeous Appearance – In this world, there are things that cannot be explained, and it goes the same with people who become more gorgeous and handsome when they have tattoos like a rib tattoo.
- Overflowing Sex Appeal – You might notice it already that people who have tattoos on their bodies are oozing with sex appeal. In fact, they look so very attractive in their opposite sexes.
- Boosted Self Confidence – When you have tattoos, self confidence is sure to be boosted. Maybe, it is because you will think that you are different than the others and you are brave enough to get tattooed.
- Wider Space for Tattooing – Since the rib parts are wider than any other body parts, you can surely choose whatever design you like without minding its size.
On the other hand, here are some of the disadvantages that side tattoos may give you:
- Painful than Others – Since the rib parts usually have thinner skin, it is already expected that this will be more painful on your part. However, this pain is nothing when you already have the gorgeous tattoo.
- Less Visible – There is no question about it since the rib parts are normally hidden with the clothes that you wear everyday. Hence, the instances that you can show your side tattoos to people are only limited.
Know the Celebrities’ Rib Tattoos
Of course, famous celebrities are the great promoters of tattoos. They play a very significant role on making every single kind of tattoo very popular as days go by. In this regard, here are some names of the international showbiz industry who are proudly displaying their side tattoos:
- Ellie Goulding – This 29-year-old gorgeous English singer and composer is proud to say that she is a fan of a rib tattoo. She has one on her right rib part, which is a lotus designed side tattoo.
- Miley Cyrus – This famous American singer and actress has a very unique rib tattoo. She has dog-designed side tattoo that goes with a phrase, “With A Little Help From My Fwends”.
- Rihanna – This Barbadian singer looks very sexy on her center rib tattoo, which is exactly located under her chest.
- Lea Michele – This famous Glee star has a very tiny inscription on the left side of her ribs. This side tattoo helps her to become sexier and gorgeous in the eyes of many.
Kinds of Rib Tattoos
There are different kinds of rib tattoos that you might don’t know. Each one of these kinds varies in different aspects of course, like in details, size, appearance and the like. For you to get well-acquainted about side tattoos, consider the information below:
- Phrase or Letters Side Tattoo – Even though there are men who prefer this kind of rib tattoo, it is still undeniable that many women are going for this. Some women go for this kind as a way of telling how much they care and love their partners. Some famous phrase or letters side tattoos are “I Love You”, “I Care for You”, “Trust Me” and so many others.
- Realistic Rib Tattoo – This kind is of course, composed of several realistic tattoo designs such as animals, flowers and the like. For flowers, it is very common to see rose flower engraved not only on the rib parts, but in the entire body as well. And for animals, many women choose to have birds, while men choose fiercer and braver animals tattoos like tiger tattoos and lion tattoos.
- Symbolic Rib Tattoo – As its name suggests, this kind has something to do with various symbols like religious symbols or anything that symbolizes something. Good examples are cross, logos, Jesus Christ and many others.
- Tribal Rib Tattoo – This is one of the most attractive side tattoos that you can ever have on your body. A lot of men and women opt for this type even though it is a little bit harder to engrave on a person’s body because of its complex details.
Popular Images Rib Cage Tattoo Designs
Gorgeous Designs of Side Tattoos
Needless to say, you can find a lot of options when it comes to designs of tattoos on the rib parts. It is now up to you what to choose. In choosing side tattoo designs however, there are a lot of things that you need to take into account like your personality, the size of the design, and even the cost for tattooing it on your body. Here are some gorgeous designs of tattoos that can be beautifully engraved on the rib parts of the body:
- Cross Tattoos – Just in case you don’t know, cross does not only symbolizes religion. It has a lot of meanings for sure. Its meaning varies from culture to culture. It looks great to both men and women. In order to enhance its appearance, adding some catchy words or phrases is good.
- Dreamcatcher Tattoos – This design of a side tattoo has been a popular choice of many. Best wishes are what it symbolizes. Base on the legends, a dream catcher will spell bad dreams and catch good dreams.
- Shooting Stars Tattoos – This rib tattoo design is composed of stars that are arranged according to their sizes. This will surely look gorgeous on men and women’s body. To make it more beautiful, adding some lines that will connect each of the stars is good.
- Rose Tattoos – This design may be common to men and women, but it can never be denied that it looks elegant and beautiful when used as a rib tattoo.
Without a doubt, rib tattoos may look good on men and women out there who are into tattoos. Even though there are many conservative people who consider tattoos as demonic symbols, they can never change the fact that tattoos are great body adornments.