Pin up girl tattoos are some of the most popular adornments that can be seen on the body of a number of people in the whole world. These are actually included in the list of old tattoos that are long been the favorites of men and women tattoo lovers in the world. Just in case you do not know, a pin up girl tattoo will involve designs that are sexy and gorgeous images of women. These women can be celebrities, cartoons, or simply the sexy images of girlfriends or wives. Hence, it is no longer surprising why these tattoos are common choices of men. Even so, this does not mean that women can no longer have these tattoos. They still can, and it is all up to them. The inspirations of these tattoos are those pin-up girl posters that usually feature the images of actresses or models.
Table of Contents
Rich History of Pin Up Girl Tattoos
The very first time sexy photos of women appeared on the centerfolds of numerous men’s magazines in the world, the pin up girl tattoos also became extremely popular. It was way back in the 1980’s, which was also the time that men’s magazines started to exist. The photos usually featured seductive images of actresses and models dressed in very daring pieces of clothes. As a matter of fact, these tattoos also had something to do with the World War I and World War II. It was simply because a lot of marines and soldiers had them engraved on their body. Because of that, those brave people who fought in the historic world wars became the major endorsers of the pin up girl tattoo in the entire world. These people wore the tattoo as a reminder that they had their girlfriends or wives waiting for them after the war, so they had to survive no matter what. However, there were some of them who wore such gorgeous body adornment in order to show who they had idolized with among the great numbers of sexy and beautiful actresses and models in the world. In the 19th century up to the 20th century, the pin up girl tattoo became a very popular and controversial thing among the conservative people. This became their subject of discrimination simply because of its malicious designs of women. Nevertheless, the tattoo continues to exist and become the choice of many even up to these days.
Important Elements of Pin Up Girl Tattoos
Just like the other kinds of tattoos that can be worn on your own body, the pin up girl tattoos also have very important elements that must be considered. Without these elements, these tattoos can never be completed, ruining the real purpose of the tattoos. This is why you need to hire a professional tattoo artist whom is very familiar with the said tattoos. Here are the important elements of these tattoos that you should keep in mind:
- Woman’s image – The number one element of a pin up girl tattoo that must be present with the tattoo is the woman’s image. Without it, the tattoo can never serve its main purpose, and it can never be called pin up girl tattoo for sure. Hence, before you go on the tattooing process, you should know in advance what image of a woman you want to have. Of course, it should be sexy and has something to do with you. The image should have the emphasis on the woman’s sexy parts such as butt, breasts, legs, and curves.
- Color – Color is a very important element of tattoos not only for a pin up girl tattoo, but in some other kinds of tattoos as well. The level of gorgeousness of the tattoo can be greatly influenced by the color that you will choose. And in some cases, the meanings of the tattoo can also be altered through the color. If you want your pin up girl tattoo to be very striking, then you should choose vibrant colors. But if you want it to be less eye-catching, then you can choose those not so vibrant colors. As simple as that.
- Sub-Designs – Just in case you do not know, sub designs can actually be added on the pin up girl tattoo. The sub designs are those secondary beautiful designs incorporated to the main design, which is the image of a sexy woman. Through these sub designs, the entire meaning of the tattoo can also be changed and the level of aesthetic value it exudes can be heightened. Some good examples of these sub designs are flowers, animals, mythical creatures, heavenly bodies and the like.
- Purpose – One last extremely significant element is the purpose of your pin up girl tattoo. In case you only want to show how much you love your wife or girlfriend, then you do not need to have a very daring image of your girlfriend or wife on your body. Always keep in mind that there are a lot of conservative people in the world who might not like seeing your pin up girl tattoos.
Celebrities with Pin Up Girl Tattoos
After knowing that there are lots of celebrities who have pin up girl tattoo, you might get more interested to have this tattoo on your body. Here are some of the names of these celebrities:
- Amy Winehouse – Before she died, Amy Winehouse was very popular in the music industry. She was a very gorgeous woman who had several pin up girl tattoos on her body located on her left arm and right arm.
- Christina Ricci – Christina Ricci is a 36-year-old American actress. She is also a big fan of a pin up girl tattoo. She has this gorgeous tattoo right there on her left ankle, and it has a mermaid design.
- Maja Ivarsson – Maja Ivarsson is a 36-year-old Swedish singer who has a very beautiful pin up girl tattoo. It is a huge tattoo that is located on her left arm.
Beautiful Designs Of Pin Up Girls Tattoos
Pin up girl tattoos are very beautiful body adornments that everyone can wear these days. It is a wrong perception that these tattoos are only for those men tattoo lovers. It is simply because there are lots of women who also engraved these tattoos on their body even in the past years.