Tattoos on your body will absolutely make your physical appearance more gorgeous, and how much more if you have the phoenix tattoos. This is despite the fact that there are lots of people in the world who have bad impressions regarding tattooing. These people are just close-minded ones who never see the importance of body tattoos. The truth is, tattoos have many uses apart from enhancing your physical appearance. They can be used in expressing yourself, without the need of telling the entire world who you really are. By just taking a glance on your tattoos, people can already guess the kind of personality that you have.
Table of Contents
Phoenix Tattoo Meanings And Symbolism
Phoenix tattoos symbolize rebirth as well as resurrection. It is a firebird that originated from Greek, Egyptian and Phoenician mythologies. The ancient Japanese people were the original wearers of these tattoos. They engraved these tattoos on their body not only for the purpose of making their appearance unique and gorgeous. They want to tell something to the people around them. In other words, these tattoos have their own meanings, depending on the designs being drawn. These had something to do with the spiritual aspects of these people. They were even used for protection for the ancient Japanese. However, getting tattooed for some ancient Japanese was a way of being punished, which was very similar to ancient Romans who engraved some tattoos on their prisoners due to the major crimes being committed.
It was believed though that the origin of the Phoenix tattoo mythology was in the beautiful country of India. According to the ancient Indians, Phoenix was an immortal bird that they called Garuda. Based on the Indian culture, the body of a Phoenix was that of a crowned man and it has wings and a beak of an eagle. For the ancient Egyptians, they called Phoenix as Bennu. These people believed that the Phoenix bird was formed from the burning holy tree.
Celebrities Wearing Elegant and Gorgeous Phoenix Tattoos
Celebrities in the world are also being captivated by the extremely gorgeousness of the phoenix tattoo. Well, there is no question about that since celebrities have the same eyes as those ordinary tattoo lovers. If you are very curious about these celebrities, then here are some of their names:
- Melanie Brown – Melanie Brown, or popularly known as “Mel B”, is a 41-year-old British television presenter, recording, artist, television personality, model, author, and actress. She became very famous after becoming one of the members of the once extremely famous girl group known as “Spice Girls”. On her right upper arm, you can be able to see her large tribal-inspired phoenix bird tattoo.
- Margaret Cho – Margaret Cho is a 47-year-old American fashion designer, singer-songwriter, author, actress, and comedian. She has a very interesting design of a phoenix tattoo that is located on her left upper arm. The tattoo has a body of a phoenix bird and it has peacock feathers that are colored with purple.
- Sarah Harding – Sarah Harding is a 34-year-old English actress, model, dancer, and singer-songwriter. She has two huge phoenix tattoos located on her left and right shoulders that extend towards her upper back.
Common Placements for Your Phoenix Tattoo
Just like the other kinds of tattoos, you can actually place the phoenix tattoo anywhere you want to. Even so, there are parts of your body that may be hard enough to get tattooed. In this case, the professional tattoo artist you hire may have difficult times in tattooing your preferred phoenix tattoo design. It can also cause some delays on the process of tattooing. If you want it to be easier, here are some common body parts where you can perfectly place your phoenix design tattoo:
- Phoenix Tattoo on Back – Your back has a wider space of course. And remember, most of the phoenix design tattoos involve more space from your body. This is why it would be great if you have it on your back or even lower back.
- Phoenix Tattoo on Chest – Chest is another worth considering body part where you can perfectly place your phoenix tattoo, specially for men.
- Phoenix Tattoo on Rib Cage – For those women who cannot achieve a full gorgeous look of a large phoenix tattoo on their chest, the rib cage would be an ideal alternative. However, men can also have their phoenix tattoo placed on this area of course.
- Phoenix Tattoo on Legs – Your legs also have wider space for tattooing. Because of this, these are also great locations for your large phoenix tattoo.
Popular Images Of Phoenix Tattoo Designs
Different Designs for Phoenix Tattoos
As said, there are lots of phoenix design tattoo that you can choose from. It will now depend on yourself which one will you choose. Even so, it would be great if you will ask the opinion of your hired professional artist. He or she definitely know what fits for your body and for your unique personality as well. Here are some of the gorgeous designs of phoenix tattoos that you can take into account:
- Phoenix and Egg Tattoo Design – This is a super elegant design that you can have if you want a phoenix tattoo on your body. Such design is representing rebirth. The people who wear this design of a phoenix tattoo is known to be very optimistic. They are the ones who strongly believe that a new beginning will come right after an end of something. In case you are a very optimistic type of a person, then it would be great for you.
- Chinese Dragon and Phoenix Tattoo Design – This is one of the most complicated design of phoenix tattoos for the part of tattoo artists. It is simply because such designs includes two tattoo subjects, which are the dragon and the phoenix bird. But once this tattoo is done, there is no way you will not mesmerized by its beauty. In case you are thinking that these two creatures can never look great together, then think again. Even so, such design requires more space from your body, so it would be great to be engraved on your back or chest part.
- Lone Phoenix Tattoo Design – As its name suggests, this particular phoenix tattoo design involves nothing else apart from the image of a phoenix bird. Many people think that a phoenix alone cannot become a gorgeous tattoo. Well, they are absolutely wrong. The image of a phoenix is more than enough to make your physical appearance extremely gorgeous. This will look very masculine, which is why it is chosen by a lot of men tattoo lovers.
- Phoenix on Fire Tattoo Design – Another worth considering design is the phoenix on fire tattoo design. Such design will display the process of rebirth, in which the phoenix will burn itself and turn into ashes. And from the strong fire, the phoenix egg will begin to appear depicting the essence of rebirth and new beginning. In order to showcase the rebirth process well, this design would require more space on your body. This is why you should choose the location of this tattoo wisely.
- Greek Phoenix Tattoo Design – The incomparable beauty of the Greek phoenix tattoo design can be emphasized well if the images of the phoenix bird will be drawn in a bit smaller pieces. This design will certainly look very elegant on your body. Most of the time, the colors of the phoenix are red and gold. Moreover, the feathers of the bird will be very gorgeous on the peacock-like feathers.
If you are thinking of having tattoos and you want them to be very gorgeous, then the phoenix tattoos are definitely for you. These tattoos are very elegant to look at on your body. Moreover, you can choose from the wide array of phoenix tattoo designs that can perfectly match your physical appearance and personality.