Owl tattoos are some of the most common and most gorgeous animal tattoos that are worn by a lot of individuals in the entire world. There is no question about that since owl is a very unique kind of a bird that is very interesting to be engraved on someone’s body. Apart from the very common subject for tattoos like rose design, lotus design, elephant design, lion design and many others, owl is absolutely a perfect tattoo subject. This is a very gorgeous tattoo that is also extremely meaningful. This is the main reason why the number of people who are wearing these tattoos is rapidly increasing day by day.
Table of Contents
Symbolism and Meanings of Owl Tattoos
Of course, there is no question about the fact that owl tattoos are extremely meaningful just like the other kinds of tattoos. This goes to show that these are not only for display purposes. They have some deeper purposes that can be served through the excellent hands of professional tattoo artists. In case you do not have any idea about the meanings and symbolisms of these tattoos, then here are some of them that you should take into account:
- Death – An owl tattoo is greatly being associated to death simply because the owl bird is believed to be a symbol of death. Just in case you do not know, owl is being branded as the “Angel of Death”. Thus, it is no longer surprising why the owl is considered to be the protector of those people who were already dead. As a matter of fact, there are lots of people in the world that strongly believe that owl is capable enough in communicating to those dead people. One other terrifying thing is that when you dreamt of an owl, it is said to be a sign of death pertaining to the dreamer or to the dreamer’s loved one.
- Wisdom – You may not know it, but an owl tattoo is believed to be a great symbol of wisdom, intelligence, and education. Hence, it can be the perfect body art that you can wear if you want to tell the other people on how intelligent you are, or the level of education that you have attained. The common believers of the fact that an owl tattoo symbolizes wisdom were the Native Americans. These people have this belief that the owl is the sacred knowledge’s protector.
- Freedom – Freedom is one other thing that an owl tattoo is symbolizing. There is no question about that since owl is also a bird, and birds are known to be the great symbols of freedom because they can fly wherever they want to. No one is dictating them where to go. As long as they are capable enough of flying to far places, then they can definitely do such. In case you want to show how free spirited you are, or you just wish to be as free as the birds, then engraving owl tattoos on your body is definitely a great thing that you can do.
- Vision – An owl tattoo is also known to symbolize vision. What do you think is the main reason for this? Well, it is simply because the owl has a very big eyes, that even a very tiny thing can be seen by this bird. It is also very silent and organized, especially when it is chasing its prey. It can flap its wings silently, so that its prey cannot notice that the owl is behind it. Believe it or not, the owl was also extremely useful to the ancient weather forecasters. Through this bird, weather forecasters can already tell the weather conditions.
- Rarity – Another thing that an owl tattoo is representing is rarity. Well, it is actually a self-explanatory one. It is simply because an owl is a very rare kind of bird. It is one of those endangered species of birds in the world. Furthermore, owl is very rare to be seen since it seldom goes out from its habitat. And when it goes out, it is only during nighttime because they can only see when it is dark. How rare is that to you?
Celebrities with Extremely Beautiful Owl Tattoos
The greatness and the gorgeousness of the owl tattoos are not only known to common people, but also to a number of famous personalities in the world. Have you known some celebrities who have an owl tattoo? If you haven’t, then here are some of the names of those celebrities who are quite fans of this particular gorgeous tattoo:
- Jordan Hinson – Jordan Hinson was baptized by the real name of Jordan Danielle Hinson, and she is a 25-year-old American actress. Jordan is a very gorgeous woman, and she looks even more sophisticated because of her owl tattoo that is located right there on her left bicep. The design is just a simple owl bird.
- Taryn Manning – Taryn Manning is a 37-year-old American actress, fashion designer, and singer-songwriter. She is also a big fan of an owl tattoo. She has it engraved right there on her right shoulder. The design is so cute, which involves an owl bird that is holding a mic.
- Asami Zdrenka – Asami Zdenka is a very famous Japanese-born singer, who is a member of the famous group known as Neon Jungle. She has a beautiful image of an owl engraved on her left arm, which is accompanied with beautiful red roses.
Common Beautiful Designs for Owl Tattoos
Of course, owl tattoos also have a number of things to offer when it comes to designs. It is rest assured that all of these designs are extremely gorgeous, making you really beautiful when talking about physical appearance. If you are already seductive in the eyes of many people, you will definitely enhance that level of seductiveness within you once you have these owl tattoo designs. In this regard, here are some of the common beautiful designs that you can consider when it comes to an owl tattoo:
- Celtic Owl Tattoo Design – One very popular and extremely gorgeous design for an owl tattoo is the Celtic design. As its name suggests, this design originates from the Celts people, who were known to be the residents of Europe during the Medieval times and Iron Age. According to these people however, an owl tattoo is symbolizing fear of death. In case you are brave enough to show that you fear death, then you can have the Celtic owl tattoo design engraved on your body. It is even known to represent danger. Thus, it takes a considerable amount of courage to have this design.
- Tribal Owl Tattoo Design – You will also not regret it when you choose the tribal owl tattoo design. Well, who would not love having a tribal tattoo, by the way? Aside from the fact that it is very gorgeous, it can also be extremely meaningful. An owl tattoo is greatly being associated to a number of tribes and cultures in the entire world. And for most of them, this tattoo has a bad meaning. For the Native Americans, such tattoo is a sign of the coming death or destruction. And for the ancient people in the Latin America, Caribbean, and the Mayan people, an owl tattoo is symbolizing misfortune.
- Barn Owl Tattoo Design – The barn owl tattoo design is another common but very beautiful design that you can take into account. This can also be very meaningful. It is well loved by many because of the fact that it represents mystery. In case you want to appear like very mysterious to the other people, or you simply want other people to get intrigued with your very unique personality, then you can choose the barn owl tattoo design. It can surely attract the opposite sex, making it very advantageous for you especially if you are looking for a partner.
- Snowy Owl Tattoo Design – One other gorgeous design that you can take into account is the snowy owl tattoo design. It is a very eye catching design, so you will definitely become the center of attraction when you have it on your body and you are standing in a large crowd. The prominent physical features of the snowy owl are some of the things that made it extremely gorgeous and eye catching. The snowy owl tattoo is known to be symbolizing elegance and dignity.
- Baby Owl Tattoo Design – It is also very common to see a baby owl tattoo design engraved on a number of people’s body. This is definitely a gorgeous design, and this is the common choice of many mothers and fathers in the world who love the idea of tattooing. Well, there is no question about that since such design will tell the world how much they love their own children. In case you are a very loving parent to your children, then why not tell them that you love them very much through your baby owl tattoo.
Beautiful Images Of Owl Tattoos
Common Placements for Owl Tattoos
Just like the owl tattoo, it is very important that you know the best placements for such tattoo. In this regard, here are some of the common placements for the owl tattoos:
- Owl Tattoos on Arms – Your arms are said to be the perfect locations for your owl tattoo. You can decide if you will place it on the right arm, left arm, elbow, wrist, or in any other parts of the arms.
- Owl Tattoos on Chest – A lot of owl tattoo lovers also consider placing the tattoo on their chest. The tattoo will only be visible when you are topless.
- Owl Tattoos on Hips – Another good location that you can consider for a owl tattoo is the hips. Such placement can emphasize the beauty of their own hips, making it to be one of their body assets.
- Owl Tattoos on Back – When you want it to be seen by the other people around you, you can just cover it with your shirt.
- Owl Tattoos on Wrist–The number one body part that you can place your owl tattoo is your wrist. You can have it in both of your left and right wrists.
- Owl Tattoos on Feet – Lot of ordinary people and celebrities are having a owl tattoo on this particular body placement.
- Owl Tattoos on Legs – Legs are also perfect locations for a owl tattoo. Legs are normally longer, so the particular illusion that you want to show with your tattoo can surely be achieved.
- Owl Tattoos on Stomach – Another perfect placement for this tattoo is stomach. This is a common option of many women tattoo lovers in the world who consider having owl tattoos.
- Owl Tattoo on Thigh –If you want to have your owl tattoos not that obvious to some other people, you can choose to place them on your thighs.
Owl tattoos are absolutely worth considering tattoos that you can engrave on your body. These are available in various extremely gorgeous designs. There is no way you will not love these tattoos since these are also well-loved by many celebrities in the world.