It is an undeniable fact that neck tattoo is one of the body tattoos that can be found in many people all over the world. Having this tattoo on your body is really a matter of thorough decision making since the neck part is very visible. There is no way you can conceal your neck tattoos at most times. This goes to show that before getting tattooed on the neck, you need to make sure that you have already thought about it over and over. Keep in mind that there are lots of things you need to consider before going into it, especially regarding your professional life.
Table of Contents
Common Reasons for Getting Neck Tattoo
Of course, there are different reasons why people are going for neck tattoos. One common reason is to grab the attention of many people. People who have neck tattoo simply just want to be the centers of attraction. For women, they are doing this because they want to attract the opposite sexes. This goes the same with men, of course. Some people also decided to get some tattoos on the neck because they don’t want to wear jewelries anymore. In other words, they replaced jewelries with gorgeously designed neck tattoos. Other people get tattooed because this is how they want to express themselves to some other people who are surrounding them. Lastly, the reason why some people go for neck tattoos is because of their religion. This is how they show their devotedness to their religion.
Neck Tattoos’ Advantages and Disadvantages
Needless to say, getting tattooed on the neck part comes with its own shares of advantages and disadvantages. Those people who are just going for neck tattoos for fashion purposes may not be able to notice these things. These are the advantages and disadvantages of getting a neck tattoo:
- You can display your personality well through neck tattoos. You don’t even have to speak so that you will be known to somebody. Your neck tattoos are enough to speak on your behalf.
- You will be a head turner. Wherever you go, people will certainly notice you because of your gorgeously designed neck tattoos. With that being said, you can surely satisfy yourself, especially if you’re aiming to be popular.
- You will be an image of fashion. For those people who consider tattoos as great fashion symbols, you will surely appear as a great fashion icon whom they will look up to.
- You may be considered as a bad example. The society today is still composed of very conservative religious people who see tattoos as demonic symbols. To them, it is expected that you will appear a bad example.
- It is more painful. Compared to some other parts of the body, the neck part will transmit more pain when getting tattooed. To know more about Neck tattoo pain click here for answers.
Celebrities Who Wear Neck Tattoos
As what can be seen in the international television screens, a neck tattoo is already a trend to a number of famous celebrities. These celebrities come from the different worlds of entertainment like sports, acting, politics and the like. Here are the names of these celebrities who have neck tattoos:
- David Beckham – David is a famous worldwide image of the football world. One of his gorgeous neck tattoos is a cross winged tattoo. It is exactly located on the back portion of David’s neck. He also has a “Butler” tattoo in the right side of his neck. At the lower part of his left neck, he has “Pretty Lady” and “Harpers” tattoos.
- Angelina Jolie – This extremely popular humanitarian celebrity made her goodness transformed into tattoos. At the back portion of her neck, a gothic-lettered tattoo can be seen that goes, “Know Your Rights”.
- Rihanna – This very famous Barbadian-born Hollywood singer has a group stars tattooed on the back portion of her neck.
- Pink – Alecia Moore or famously known as Pink, is also a great fan of a neck tattoo. She has a bar code tattoo engraved on the back portion of her neck.
Popular Images Of Neck Tattoos
Some Neck Tattoo Designs to Consider
If you have already decided to go for neck tattoos, then consider yourself lucky since there is a wide variety of a neck tattoo design that you can take into account. These various designs are sure to satisfy your personal preference when it comes to these tattoos. Some of the gorgeous designs are the following:
- Devil and Rose – This is a tattoo design that is composed of a devil image like a skull and of course, a beautiful rose flower. You can actually make it smaller, depending on your preference. But if you want to catch the attention of many, a bigger Devil and Rose design is great.
- Mother Love – This neck tattoo design is composed of a woman image and a rose flower. The woman face’s image will be the mother design of the tattoo, while the rose will symbolize the love that is why it is called Mother Love.
- Red Skull – This design is made of a human skull that is colored with red ink, of course. This will surely show the rebellious personality of the wearer of this tattoo. This design will also exude extreme bravery.
- Organic Skull – It is a skull tattoo design that is colored with green in order to capture the essence of organic. The skull is incorporated with plant designs. The skull looks surrounded with some plant leaves.
- Lilo and Stitch – This tattoo design is perfect for those people who are fond of cartoon characters. This will surely flaunt the soft side of your personality.
- Bird Heart – This tattoo is composed of a bird that is engraved with different colors on its wings part. At the center of the body of this bird, a big red heart shape is engraved. This is why it is called Bird Heart.
Without a doubt, getting a neck tattoo will surely enhance your fashion sense, and will display your braver personality. Even so, always remember that it may also come with some disadvantages that you might don’t like experiencing. This goes to show that you have to think about it well before deciding to finally have it on your body.