Believe it or not, lion tattoos have been extremely gorgeous body adornments of many people all over the globe several years in the past and even up to these days. These tattoos are very popular among animal lovers. Lion designed tattoos have been the favorite of many for so many years now. Thus, it is no longer surprising why great numbers of tattoo artists worldwide are continually making some improvements on the lion tattoo designs that will surely capture the hearts of every tattoo lover out there. In case you are one of those people who are still undecided what tattoo design you should choose, then these tattoos might stir the interests within you.
Table of Contents
The Lion Tattoos in the History
Just like the numerous flower tattoos, lion tattoos are also being associated to a number of cultures in the entire world. These tattoos have great significance to the ancient people in the Middle East, Japan, China, India, and Africa. As a matter of fact, lions are starred on some folklore tales and mythology from these places. A lion is known to be the “King of Kings” and “King of the Jungle”, which is why it is representing the royal blood individuals or those who belong in the elite society. To show their great power in the entire world, Egyptians in the past were making lions as their slaves. This animal was also became an integral part of those people who practiced Christianism. Ancient Christians believed that a lion represented Jesus Christ, and it was the protector of those weak animals just like God who protected the entire human race.
Things that Lion Tattoos Represent
Of course, the lion designed tattoos are not just for display purposes. They have their own important meanings that you should know, specially if you are one those tattoo buffs who are considering to have these tattoos on their body. The things that they represent will vary from one culture to another and from design to design. In other words, the specific design of a lion tattoo can greatly affect its overall meaning. Here are some of the things that a lion tattoo represents that you must take note of:
- Leadership – In almost all cultures in the world in which lions are being associated with, such animal is believed to be a great symbol of leadership. Well, the very obvious reason for this is the fact that a lion is the “King of the Jungle” and every animal is afraid on it.
- Power – The lion tattoo also means power since a lion is very powerful animal, specially in its kingdom. It is considered to be the most ferocious animal in the animal kingdom that is being praised as “King of all Kings”. This is the reason why a number of kings in the past were fond of tattooing lions on their body.
- Confidence – Another thing that a lion represents is confidence. What do you think is the reason for this? Well, it is simply because lions are confident enough with their strength since they are the kings of the animal kingdom, and they are confident enough that no one would dare to challenge them. If you have a very strong confident nature, then having a lion tattoo can surely match it.
- Passion – Even there are a lot of animals that are very afraid to put a fight to the lions, it is still undeniable that lions are very passionate, specially when it comes to the animal kingdom. They love every animal that belongs to their kingdom, as long as these animals know how to respect them.
- Generosity – Generosity is another thing that a lion represents. Even though lions are known to be extremely brave and fearless in nature, the generosity of these animals are absolutely admirable. They are very generous to some other animals, specially to those that respect them a lot. If you are a generous type of an individual, then showing to the other people how generous you are can be done through your lion tattoos.
- Loyalty – Despite the ferociousness of the lions, one thing that you will surely love about them is the fact that they are very loyal to those animals that are true to them. You will never be betrayed by these animals, as long as you will also do the same to them. They will even protect you from any enemy that you will be facing. That is how loyal the lions are. If you want to show your loyalty to the other people, then having a lion designed tattoo is the best thing to do.
Aside from those things mentioned above, a lion tattoo also symbolizes royalty, supremacy, and courage. In case you are that courageous just like the lions, then these tattoos would be great body arts for you.
Placement of Lion Tattoos
Lion tattoo designs have become hot favorites among men and women and they can commonly be seen inscribed on the chest, arm, neck, finger, back, hip, ankle, wrist, leg, shoulder, thigh and side of men and women. You can check them to know how lion tattoos could look on those body parts;
- Thigh Tattoos
- Chest Tattoos
- Ankle Tattoos
- Wrist Tattoos
- Back Tattoos
- Hand Tattoos
- Hip Tattoos
- Stomach Tattoos
- Breast Tattoos
Popular Images Of Lion Tattoo Designs
Worth Considering Lion Tattoo Designs
Needless to say, there are a number of designs that you can take into account if you want to have lion tattoos. These tattoo designs will have different meanings and symbolisms. In other words, not all of these designs may fit for you. Always keep in mind that your tattoo will reflect your personality, so only choose the design that can best represent the real you. In connection to this, here are some of the gorgeous lion tattoo design that you can consider having on your body:
- The Lion Family Tattoo Design – One common and well-loved lion tattoo design is the lion family. As its name suggests, this design is composed of the lion itself, the lioness, and their babies. Two lion babies may be enough to complete the entire design. It is a great design since lions are known to be family oriented. They always return to their family after doing some prey-hunting activities. In case you are a family oriented man or woman, then this lion tattoo design would definitely be perfect for you. Such tattoo design depicts the extreme beauty of the wilderness and the essence of family unity.
- Lioness Tattoo Design – The lioness tattoo design is another design that you should think about having on your body. The truth is, this design is perfect for women. Even so, this does not mean that men can no longer choose to have the lioness tattoo design. You still can of course, but make sure that you incorporate some more designs or accents that can make the entire lion tattoo design manlier. In this way, you will not end up looking feminine on your lion tattoo. The lioness tattoo design symbolizes femininity, and this is well-loved by independent, ambitious, and strong women out there.
- The Lion Head Tattoo Design – Another worth considering design is the lion head tattoo design. While the lioness tattoo design is the one being preferred by a number of women, the lion head tattoo design is the one that is usually chosen by those men tattoo lovers in the world. Protection is the thing that this particular design represents. Those men who want to show the world that they are strong and brave enough choose to have this tattoo on their body. The perfect parts of the body where such lion tattoo design is placed are shoulders, back, and chest.
- Leo Zodiac Tattoo Design – There are also a lot of men and women tattoo lovers who are considering to have a Leo zodiac tattoo design on their body. This is one great lion tattoo that you can adorn on your body specially if you are born under the zodiac sign of Leo. You can then put the exact date of your birthday around it in order to make the entire design even more fascinating to look at. The best thing about this particular design is the fact that you can also use it in expressing how much you love your partner. Just make sure that your partner was born under the Leo zodiac sign. With that being said, there is no way the essence of the tattoo can be lost.
- Aslan, The Lion Tattoo Design – This particular lion tattoo design is one of the latest ones that you can take into account. The inspiration of this certain design is none other than Aslan, which was the lion character in the interesting Hollywood movie titled, “Chronicles of Narnia“. Aslan is a kind hearted lion in the movie. He is even very gentle to others. Even so, he transformed into a ferocious beast when he and his loved ones are in great peril. If you believe that you have the same personality with Aslan, then this lion tattoo design is the one that you should engrave on your body.
Lion tattoos are definitely interesting animal tattoos that can be engraved on your body, specially if you are an animal lover. There lots of designs that you can choose in these tattoos such as the Leo zodiac design, the lion head design, and the lioness design. Just make sure that you choose the design that perfectly fits for your personality.