Ear tattoos are some wonderful works of art that can be found on the body of numerous people in the entire world. Tattoos on the ears are very unique things when it comes to tattooing. Ears are mostly adorned with piercings, and not tattoos. Just make sure that you choose the very best ear tattoo designs that can speak for your inner personality, and the one that can enhance your physical look. Since ears are tiny and narrow spaced body parts, it will normally take time and effort to get tattooed on that part. Because of this, you need to make sure that you only hire the most reliable, professional tattoo artist.
Table of Contents
Taking a Brief Flashback on Ear Tattoos’ History
Ear tattoos have their very own history, of course even though they are not that popular just like the other body tattoos. Just in case you don’t know, people in the past were already incorporating tattoos in the lives. Meaning to say, tattooing is not just an integral part in the lives of today’s generation. The very first sightings of tattoos can be traced back in 4000-2000 BC. A group of historians confirmed that it was the Egyptians who firstly incorporated tattoos on their body as signs of fertility and nobility. Of course, good examples of these tattoos Egyptians firstly used were the ear tattoos.
Types of Ear Tattoos
There are actually 3 kinds of ear tattoos that you should take into account. Each of these types has different characteristics that you will both like and dislike. Let’s get to know each one of them.
- Inner Ear Tattoo – This tattoo can surely accessorize your ears. If you have this tattoo, putting some gorgeous earrings may no longer necessary. As its name suggests, inner ear tattoo is inked inside the ear but not on the internal parts, only in the earlobe part. The best thing about this tattoo is that it can emphasize the shape and beauty of your ears.
- Behind Ear Tattoo – This type of ear tattoo is not a common one, since it is located right there exactly at the back portion of your ears. If you want a tattoo that are is not that noticeable when it comes to location, then this is the perfect one.
- Around the Ear Tattoo – It is the kind of ear tattoo that you can commonly see in the surrounding area of the human ears. Small patterns of tattoo designs can surely make this area gorgeous. However, this area might be painful enough to get tattooed.
Gorgeous Ear Tattoo Ideas You Can Consider
Needless to say, ear tattoos are matched with smaller tattoo designs since this area is a narrow one. It will all depend on the physical size of your ears. Even so, this does not mean that you cannot have beautiful designs for these tattoos. Here are great ear tattoo design ideas that you can take into account:
- Vine or Wire Ear Tattoo Design Ideas – Such idea for ear tattoos may involve curvy shapes that will create magic to the appearance of your ears. The shape of your ears can be beautifully complemented by a vine or wire pattern. Good example for this is the Celtic knots pattern.
- Small Shape Ear Tattoo Design Ideas – If you prefer simple tattoos on your ears, then this tattoo design idea is the perfect one for you. Small shape patterns will fit on your earlobe. A gothic design or ghoul may be the perfect option.
- The Usual Ear Tattoo Design Ideas – In this particular idea, you can choose those usual tattoo designs like a star design, flower design, animals, angel design, or a tribal design. It is all up to you. However, the images will be smaller than tattooed on some other body parts, of course.
Advantages and Disadvantages You Can Get from Ear Tattoos
Yes, there are a number of advantages and disadvantages that you should know about ear tattoos. The amazing advantages these tattoos can offer are actually some of the things that are considered by many in choosing these tattoos. Here are some of them:
- Highlight Your Ears – If you think your ears look dull, then opting for ear tattoos is certainly a good decision that you can ever make. It is because these tattoos are capable enough in emphasizing the beauty and shape of your ears.
- Unique – These tattoos are known to be unique. In other words, only fewer people have these tattoos, so you will surely look unique in front of the other people, in a positive way of course.
- Lesser in Cost – Undergoing tattooing procedure for ear tattoos will only cost minimal amount because only smaller tattoo designs are involved.
Here are some of the disadvantages that you can expect from these tattoos:
- A Bit Painful – When compared to some other body tattoos, getting tattooed on ears especially in the surrounding area will be a bit painful on your part.
- Highly Visible – Since there are no clothing pieces that are usually worn on ears, it might be harder for you to hide your ear tattoos. It will be a total disadvantage on your part specially if you are surrounded with people who are tattoo-disoriented.
Popular Images Of Ear Tattoo Designs
These elegant birds.
This touch of pink.
This saffron flower.
These birds in flight.
These tiny blossoms.
This Peter Pan piece.
This curved floral piece.
A little behind the ear jewelry.
These laurel leaves.
This colorful diamond.
This interesting cat.
This hummingbird behind the ear tattoo.
This adorable floral behind the ear tattoo.
This ornamental sword.
Celebrities with their Gorgeous Ear Tattoos
As what you can see on the television, there are some famous celebrities worldwide who have allowed themselves to get tattooed on their ears. Few of them do it for a deeper purpose, while others do it for a mere fashion statement. Here are some of the names of these celebrities:
- Demi Lovato – This young international singing sensation has a turquoise-colored feather tattoo located at the back of her left ear.
- Hayley Williams – This famous singer is known as Paramore, and she has a gorgeous tattoo behind the left ear area. This tattoo has “WARPED!” design accompanied with a smaller image of a cloud and a lightning.
- Jessie J – This excellent British singer-songwriter looks great on her left ear music-oriented tattoo. It is composed of a bass clef and a treble clef image that is formed like a heart shape.
Ear tattoos will undeniable enhance the beauty of your body. However, these tattoos may not be perfect for you for some reasons. Because of this, you should think about it deeply before deciding to have these tattoos.