The forearm is a particular part of a person’s arm that is popularly being tattooed, and the tattoos in this certain portion are called forearm tattoos. Undeniably, the number of people, specially men, who are getting tattooed on their forearm every single day is rapidly increasing. This is simply because of the great beauty a forearm tattoo can provide to its wearers. One other reason why many people opt for a forearm tattoo is the fact that it is very easy to display and to hide as well. Can you think of any other tattoos that can be quickly showed and concealed apart from the forearm tattoos? If you are one of those people who want to get tattooed on the body, then this is the perfect time to take into account having a forearm tattoo.
Table of Contents
Forearm Tattoos’ Rich History
For your own additional information, forearm tattoos have a very rich history that every single tattoo enthusiast should know. In the past years, women in Borneo got tattooed on their forearms, and these tattoos symbolized their specific skills. A lot of these women chose to have a weaver symbol in order to intensely attract men who were looking for their lifetime partners or the simply called wives. In the great nation of Rome, slaves got to have tattoos on their forearms, and the designs were the image of their masters. These tattoos were also worn by Kayan women for just a great adornment on their body. Moreover, forearm tattoos were also used in the past in identifying the person’s rank in the society, family, tribe, and the community where she or he belonged. This was extremely observable to Polynesian people.
It was actually during the year 1691 when forearm tattoos became extremely popular in the West. It was through the Western sailors who allowed themselves to get tattooed on their forearms. Two of the common images chosen by these people are anchors and sharks. During the 17th century, the royal family in Japan was the only one who can wear colorful dresses and some other clothing pieces. Because of the this, Japanese men found a way and allowed themselves to get tattooed on their forearms and in some other parts of their body. This was how they became colorful in front of many people.
Advantages to Enjoy with Forearm Tattoos
Needless to say, forearm tattoos have their own fair shares of advantages that can make people happy in wearing these tattoos. As a matter of fact, a lot of individuals who allowed themselves to get tattooed on their forearms because of these amazing sets of advantages. Here are some of them:
- Express Yourself Without Trying to Speak – This is absolutely one of the best benefits that you can enjoy when wearing tattoos on forearms. With just one look on the tattoos, people will then get an idea about your personality.
- Appear More Gorgeous – In the eyes of many people, there’s no way you won’t look good through your forearm tattoos.
- Incorporate Designs of Your Choice Without Difficulty – Tattoos on forearms have wider coverage, so there’s no way you cannot get the designs of your choice tattooed.
Disadvantages of Forearm Tattoos
While there are amazing advantages that you can expect from a forearm tattoo, please don’t forget that these can also give you some disadvantages and here are some of these:
- Intense Pain – There is no question why these tattoos can be very painful on your part. It is simply because forearms are packed with several sets of veins, which are directly connected to the brain. These are also closer to the bones, making them extra painful.
- More Visible – Since these tattoos are located right there in your arms, it is just normal for people to clearly see them. This will be a total disadvantage if you are living in the community that does not accept tattoos, or working in a place where tattooing is highly discouraged.
Famous Personalities Who Have Forearm Tattoos
As what you know, there are lots of famous personalities all over the world who get tattooed on their forearms. These tattoos may be very significant to them, or they just want to look unique and gorgeous in front of others. Here are some of these personalities:
- Olivia Wilde – This 32-year-old American model and actress has a lettering tattoo on her left forearm. The tattoo says, “all love, A”.
- Mel C – This famous English singer has an armband lettering tattoo on her forearm that makes her very gorgeous in appearance.
- Britney Spears – This famous American singer and actress has a gorgeous red-colored kiss tattoo on her right forearm.
- John Mayer – He is one of those male celebrities in the world who are captivated with the beauty of a forearm tattoo. His forearm tattoo and the other tattoos he has on his body are Japanese-styled.
Popular Images Of Forearm Tattoo Designs
Common Forearm Tattoo Design Ideas to Consider
Of course, there are a number of design ideas for forearm tattoos that you can take into consideration when you want to have these gorgeous tattoos on your body. With that being said, there is no way you cannot find a beautiful forearm tattoo design that will suit you best. Here are some of the common design ideas:
- Geometric Forearm Tattoo Design Ideas – Mathematicians and physicists are not the only ones who got very interested in geometrical shapes. Tattoo enthusiasts in the world are also as interested as them when it comes to this matter. These forearm tattoo design ideas are perfect for men and women out there. Good examples for these are zigzag lines, triangles, diamonds, and concentric lines.
- Portrait Forearm Tattoo Design Ideas – These ideas have introduced the incorporation of portraits to the tattoo world. It is now possible for you to get tattooed on your forearm with the portrait design of your special someone, family, or a movie character that inspires you the most. The designs can be tattooed with the use of any ink color.
- Anchor Design Ideas for Forearm Tattoos – These ideas of forearm tattooing originated from the Western sailors. An anchor is actually an equipment of the ship that is used steadying the ship on its current location. Today, it is one of the most famous designs for a tattoo, which is mostly chosen by men. An anchor tattoo design simply symbolizes masculinity.
- Map Forearm Tattoo Design Ideas – These forearm tattoo design ideas are very unique, which is why a map tattoo design is chosen by a lot of people who want to be unique among the rest. The creativity of the tattoo artist and the wearer can surely be tested with this design. You can choose any map just like the world map. It is perfect for men and women, by the way.
- Religious Forearm Tattoo Design Ideas – There are a lot of individuals in the world go get fascinated with these forearm tattoo design ideas. These people are most commonly religious ones who never see tattooing as an act of evilness. The common designs here are the images of angels, the portrait of Jesus Christ, and the Celtic crosses.
Forearm tattoos can certainly make a person gorgeous and pleasing to the eyes of many. However, it is best not to forget the fact that these can also give you some disadvantages, so think before you go for these.