These days, the great popularity of foot tattoos is definitely undeniable. This higher level of popularity signals the fact that people in the world become more and more open-minded with a lot of things, especially those controversial and debatable ones like these tattoos. In the past years, a lot of individuals opted for these tattoos because they are very easy to hide. Just in case you don’t know, great percentage of human population in the society before used to criticize tattoos as well as the wearers of these gorgeous body adornments. But today, a lot more individuals in the world are already realizing their importance and uses. Even so, there are those who still consider tattoos nothing but miseries.
Table of Contents
The Pain Felt When Getting Foot Tattoos
Those individuals who have already tried getting tattooed on foot surely know how painful it is to have a gorgeous looking foot tattoos. Such pain is even the number one reason why many eager people still haven’t tried these tattoos. They are too afraid to have one. The truth is, it is actually normal to feel intense discomfort while you are on the procedure of have these tattoos since these will be inked on the part of your body that has thinner skin and muscles and nearer to the bones. In case you are not ready to feel the intense pain these tattoos may bring, then do not dare to go for them so that regrets will not come your way.
The Healing Process for Foot Tattoos
Foot tattoos’ healing process may actually take shorter or longer period of time. In other words, it will differ from one person to another. If the person having these tattoos is careless enough, then it is expected that the healing process may be longer than what is being expected. But if you take good care of your newly inked tattoos as days go by, your tattoos may surely heal faster without you even knowing it. Having foot tattoos successfully and beautifully inked on your feet is not just a responsibility of the tattoo artist. You also have your own part, and this is to take good care of these tattoos as they go through the healing process. Most of the time, it will take you 2-5 days before you can finally say that everything is fully recovered already.
Advantages that Foot Tattoos May Offer
One big reason why a lot of individuals are going for foot tattoos these days is the fact that it can be extremely advantageous on their part. Yes, you read it right. There are many advantages that a foot tattoo can always provide, and some of them are the following:
- Hiding foot tattoos can never be as hard as you think they are. By just wearing closed-footwear or putting on socks, you can already hide them. With that being said, these tattoos are absolutely perfect for those people who are living or working in a place where tattoos are being discouraged.
- You can have a striking look. Without a doubt, a person who has a foot tattoo and some other tattoos in the body can achieve a very striking appearance. It is striking in a way that people surrounding him or her will focus on staring at him or her in several seconds or minutes. Meaning to say, there is no way you will not be noticed.
- A foot tattoo can enhance your entire physical appearance. This is a common and most expected advantage, and this is also the main reason why people are allowing themselves to get tattooed on foot.
Foot Tattoos and the Disadvantages they Bring
If there are some amazing advantages a foot tattoo can give, then it is also expected that can disadvantageous on your part, at some point of your life. Remember, there are still some other people in the world who consider tattooing an undesirable thing to be done in a person’s life. With this, disadvantages will always be there for sure. Here are some of the advantages:
- It is extremely painful. You might not believe it, but yes, the level of pain expected to be felt is unquestionably higher than when you are getting tattooed on some other parts of the body.
- A higher possibility of having a slower pace of healing process is expected. The explanation for this is very simply, actually. It is because your foot will always be used in your everyday life, like 24 hours per day. Because of this, the tattooed and strained portion may always be moved causing some irritations, prolonging the process of healing.
Celebrities Wearing Striking Foot Tattoos
As what being shown in the international television screen, there are a number of famous personalities who have their own sets of body tattoos. Here are some names of these stars who are more than proud to reveal their own foot tattoos:
- Kate Hudson – This 36-year-old American actress has a very tiny foot tattoo, which bears a star design. It’s located on her left foot.
- Fantasia Barrino – This 2004 American Idol champion looks great with her left foot tattoo. Such tattoo has a beautiful rose design.
- Charlize Theron – This 40-year-old gorgeous American and South African actress has a very cute floral tattoo on her right foot.
- Kelly Osbourne – Both the right and the left foot of this British singer-songwriter are tattooed with skulls and crossbones.
- Virginia Madsen – She is a 54-year-old American film producer and actress who has a rose tattoo located on her right foot.
Popular Pictures of Foot Tattoo Designs
Typical Yet Gorgeous Designs for Foot Tattoos
Without a doubt, there are a hundreds of options that you can choose from when it comes to designs for foot tattoos. Some of these designs may be not that appealing in your eyes, while there are some that can surely stir the interest within you. This is actually why you need to carefully choose the design that you want to get tattooed on your foot. Here are some of the common but beautiful foot tattoo designs:
- Floral Foot Tattoo Design – One of the famous and gorgeous designs chosen by thousands of tattoo lovers to be engraved on their body is a floral design. Some people think that it is just a too simple design for them. Yes, this is a simple tattoo design, but the secret of making such design extra gorgeous lies on the hands of the professional tattoo artist.
- Toe Rings Design – If you don’t want to display your tattoos on foot obviously, then toe rings might be perfect for you to consider. Such design is being tattooed on the toes, but it is still called a foot tattoo.
- Heart Design – Who would have known the very usual and widely used foot tattoo design? This might be a common one, but a professional tattoo artist can always make this tattoo design option a much better one.
- Butterfly Design – Another common design for foot tattoos is the image of a butterfly. This is the choice of a lot of women in the world since butterfly also symbolizes femininity like a floral design.
Foot tattoos are certainly unique and flexible kinds of tattoos that can ever be seen in a person’s body. Whatever the purpose of having these tattoos, one thing is for sure and this is the fact that these can serve their purpose well.