Today, it is definitely not a new thing to see more and more individuals who have some tattoos on their body like the flower tattoos. These body arts are located in the different body parts of a certain person such as neck, shoulders, legs, and even hands. Well, you can actually decide on your own which part of your body you want these tattoos to be engraved. Now the big question is, have you ever asked yourself why there are many people who prefer to have flower designed tattoos than anything else? Do you even know the symbolisms and meanings of these tattoos?
Table of Contents
Symbolisms of Flower Tattoos
Scientifically speaking, flowers are the reproductive organs of the plants. Because of this, it is known that flower designed tattoos have something to do with unity, growth, birth, togetherness, and love when it comes to meaning. The tattoo itself will also affect its overall meaning. In other words, a simple flower tattoo may change its meaning depending on several factors like the following:
- Placement of the tattoo
- The arrangement
- The Color
- The associated number on the flower design
- The flower combinations
- Some other associated designs
Flower tattoos are also common to women, since flowers are typical symbols of femininity. Even so, this does not mean that men can no longer choose flower designs. In case you are amongst those men out there who want to get tattooed with flowers, make sure that you incorporate some more designs that will lessen the femininity of the design. You can also choose bolder colors, to emphasize masculinity. This goes to show that being careful enough in choosing flower designs for your tattoos is extremely important. Moreover, you can take into account your own personality and characteristics for your flower tattoos.
The Right Placement for Flower Tattoos
Contrary to what a lot of people think, a flower tattoo design also looks great to all men tattoo lovers. Flower designs may exude strong femininity appearance, but that level of femininity can actually be lessened. The trick is the right placement on the body, color, and right sub designs associated into it. If you want your flower tattoo to exude masculinity, you can ask the tattoo artist to add some other designs that can go well with the flower design you choose. Of course, these sub designs must strongly reflects manliness. In addition to that, a lot of girls usually engrave their chosen flower tattoo design on their back. Hence, to avoid femininity, you should not put your flower tattoo on your back. Instead, why not place it on your body parts that carry your manliness such as your biceps, hands, and wrists. With that being said, there is no way your flower tattoo will look very feminine. We have collection of tattoos for almost all body parts. You can check them to know how flower tattoos could look on those body parts;
- Thigh Tattoos
- Chest Tattoos
- Ankle Tattoos
- Wrist Tattoos
- Back Tattoos
- Hand Tattoos
- Hip Tattoos
- Stomach Tattoos
- Breast Tattoos
Celebrities Who Have Flower Design Tattoos
For sure, you are aware of the fact that there are so many celebrities in the entire world who are into tattoos. They are number one fans of tattoos of different designs like flowers. Some of them just chose to get tattooed in order to cope with the latest trend or to intensify their sense of fashion and art. Even so, most of these famous personalities wear tattoos because of important purposes. These tattoos signify very important people or events in their lives, and even accomplishments. These celebrities are not limited to actors and actresses alone, of course. They can also be athletes, politicians, musicians, television hosts and a lot more who are very popular in their chosen field of professionalism. In relation to this, here are some names of those celebrities in the world who have flower tattoo designs:
- Charlize Theron – Charlize Theron is an undeniably gorgeous South African American Hollywood actress, who has already proven her great worth in the filming and acting industry. She is currently on her early 40’s life, but she still looks very young and pretty. Shen even looks more gorgeous in her flower tattoo engraved on her right foot.
- Sylvester Stallone – Who would not know Sylvester Stallone by the way? He is very popular in the world because of his top grossing action films, not to mention his very handsome and extreme masculine image. He is someone that will take every woman’s breath away. Moreover, who says rose is a very feminine tattoo? Well, the rose tattoo of Sylvester Stallone on his shoulder is definitely an exception.
- Kim Kardashian – There is no question about the extreme popularity of Kim Kardashian for sure. Aside from being an American socialite, she is also a model, actress, and businesswoman. Her great numbers of Instagram followers can also be a great confirmation for her extreme popularity. Kim has very beautiful and colorful flower tattoo on her left arm.
Popular Flower Tattoo Designs that You Can Consider
Needless to say, there are a number of flower designs that you can select if you want to get tattooed with flowers. These designs of course, vary from each other such as their sizes, shapes, colors, and meanings. It is all up to you what to choose. Here are some of the common flower tattoo designs that may attract you the most:
- Rose Flower Tattoo – Rose is probably the most common design of flower tattoos that you can see in so many people all over the world. It is a very popular flower design used in the past years and even up to these days. The truth is, the color of the rose will greatly affect the whole meaning of the tattoo. But generally speaking, the rose symbolizes beauty, love, hope, balance, intelligence, and concentration. Sometimes, people choose to get tattooed with rose that has its stem and thorns. In this case, the meaning to the tattoo may completely change. It may exude thoughtlessness, pain, and loss.
- Lotus Tattoo Design – The next common choice of a lot of individuals when it comes to flower tattoo is the lotus flower design. Aside from the fact that it creates a very beautiful art on your body, a lotus flower is also being associated to different cultures in the world. In other words, a lot of people have this flower design tattooed on their body due to cultural reasons. A lotus flower design of a tattoo has something to do with life, enlightenment, understanding, and knowledge.
- Lily Flower Tattoo – A lot of people think that lotus and lily are the same flowers of their kinds. However, they are actually different. It is also being associated to a number of cultures. For the ancient Egyptians, the lily flower symbolizes fertility. According to ancient Greeks, such flower has big relationship to the Divine Feminine. They believed that the Queen of Gods, Hera, had such flower as her offspring. Generally speaking though, a lily flower tattoo design signifies spiritual enlightenment and purity.
- Cherry Blossom Tattoo – Cherry blossom flower design is another common option of many tattoo lovers. Such flower design is highly associated to the Japanese culture. This very adorable flower symbolizes transience simply because it blooms in just a short time period. This flower design also depicts the temporariness of beauty and life. According to ancient Chinese however, a cherry blossom flower symbolizes love and femininity. With the cherry blossom flower design, you can choose to have a full petal cherry blossom flower, and you can also incorporate it with wind or water depending on your personal preference.
- Hibiscus Flower Tattoo – According to the Japanese culture, hibiscus is the gentlest flower that you can engrave on your body. For the ancient Hawaiian people, such flower is widely used in adorning the royal family of the island. In fact, hibiscus flower signifies royalty and power in the Hawaiian culture. While it is true that a flower design tattoo is common for girls, the hibiscus flower tattoo is equally great for those men out there who want to have a flower design tattoo. Most of the time, the tattoo of this flower design has a vibrant red or yellow color.
- Tulip Flower Tattoo – A tulip flower will only bloom when the sun is shining. This is the main reason why a tulip flower tattoo will signify aspiration and opportunity. This flower is being loved by many people because of its natural vibrant color. It has a very interesting bulb-like shape, and it only blooms once every single year. This is why it also signifies determination and rebirth.
- Daisy Flower Tattoo – Another flower design option for your tattoos is a fragile yet very gorgeous flower that naturally blooms with different colors. Faith, love, and purity are the things that this flower represents. Hence, if you want to express your love to your special someone, you can have this flower design tattooed on your body with his or her name written into it. In this way, the tattoo will be more special. Sense of forgiveness and appreciation can also be expressed through this flower tattoo design.
- Sunflower Tattoo – A sunflower tattoo is more than just a beautiful body adornment. It represents a lot of things that every tattoo lover should know. This is also something that those not that lovers of tattoos should know because who knows, you might just change your perceptions about tattoos after knowing their deeper significance in people’s lives.
- Chrysanthemum Tattoo – Chrysanthemum is another exquisite looking flower, which is often seen being used in Japanese tattoo art where the flower Chrysanthemum stands for royalty and perfection.
- Orchid Tattoo – Orchid flower bears different meanings in different cultures, with the Japanese relating it with bravery, while the Chinese culture links it with fertility and prosperity.
- Dandelion Tattoo – Dandelion tattoos are particularly loved by women though men too, have not been untouched by their beauty and grace. Despite being not as colorful as rose or cherry blossoms, there is still something very appealing about this design, which makes it a popular choice for discerning tattoo lovers.
Flower tattoos are definitely gorgeous adornments on one’s body not only for women, but for a lot of men as well. These tattoos have a wide range of designs, so there is no way you cannot choose the right one for you.