Feather tattoos are gaining more and more popularity these days. There is no question about that since these tattoos are extremely gorgeous to look at apart from the fact that these are extremely meaningful. You just have to choose the design that really fits you because every design may convey a different meaning, depending on the composition of the design. In case you are one of those people out there who are thinking of having tattoos on your body, then a feather tattoo may be a great subject for you. If you are still unconvinced about having these tattoos, then the information below may help you finally decide of having them.
Table of Contents
Meanings And History Regarding Feather Tattoos
Just like the other tattoos, the feather tattoos also have their own rich history. These tattoos were always associated with the Native American people. As a matter of fact, the Native American people were making use of feathers when they were performing rituals in the past years. They strongly believed that the feathers represented the birds’ spirits, which had something to do with their tribe. This is the main reason why it is normal for you to see a feather tattoo on Native American people. When they have to make thank you offerings to the birds, they used to wave some feathers on top of the fire.
To acknowledge the bravery and courage of the Native American warriors, the feathers of eagles were given to them. This is why most of these warriors were having a feather tattoo on their body. The feathers were also used by the ancient people in communicating to the world of spirits. When you see some feathers going your way, it simply means that a dead loved one of yours is missing you. Before, these tattoos were only very popular among men. But today, there are already great numbers of women who have discovered the greatness of a feather tattoo.
Some Beautiful Designs of Feather Tattoos
Needless to say, there are a number of designs that you can choose from a feather tattoo. Yes, you can have so many choices. Even so, this does not mean that you can have them all. Keep in mind that in choosing a tattoo design, you need to know the significance of the tattoo because it will look great on your body if it matches our physical appearance and your unique personality as well. Here are some of the gorgeous designs that you can take into account:
- 3D Feather Tattoo Design –This is the most modern design of a feather tattoo that you can choose. It will have a 3D look, and there is no way it will not look great on your body. This is also a very colorful design. As a matter of fact, it will look like a cotton candy that is engraved on your body.
- Black and White Feather Tattoo Design – Who would not like to have the all time favorite black and white feather tattoo by the way? It may be a traditional design, but this does not mean that it will not good on you in these modern times.
- Feather and Quotation Tattoo Design –This is amongst those widely preferred design of feather tattoos. This is simply because there are so much you can say with this particular design. You can incorporate your favorite quotes on the image of a feather, or even some things that have significance to you like your birthday or the anniversary date of your relationship with your partner. Everything can be incorporated in your feather tattoo actually. You just have to be very creative, so that the final feather tattoo product will extremely look so amazing.
- Miniature Feather Tattoo Design – As its name suggests, this particular design of a feather tattoo involves a number of smaller feather images that are engraved on your desired body parts. This will look good if incorporated with some other beautiful sub designs like smaller birds and the like.
Celebrities with Feather Tattoos
The greatness of a feather tattoo is also not new to the celebrities who are very famous in the entire world. If you are very curious about these celebrities, then here are some of their names that you should know:
- Leona Lewis–Leona Louise Lewis is 31-year-old British animal welfare campaigner, songwriter, and singer. Just in case you don’t know, she is a big fan of a feather tattoo. In fact, she has this very gorgeous tattoo located on her left shoulder. It is just a very simple and colorful feather tattoo.
- Samantha Maria –Another celebrity whom is captivated by the feather tattoo is a fashion icon named Samantha Maria. She has a very beautiful Native American feather tattoo located on her foot. In fact, she has featured this tattoo on her YouTube videos.
- Eleanor Calder –Eleanor Calder is a 24-year-old British model who also has a very gorgeous feather tattoo. She got it tattooed right there on her right arm. The design is just a feather alone that is colored with black.
- Victoria Magrath – Victoria Magrath is a 27-year-old Lifestyle Blogger whom is living in the United Kingdom. What made her very interesting is her feather tattoo that is located on her left arm. Just like Eleanor Calder, it is just also a lone feather that is colored with black. The design is very simple, but it cannot be denied that it looks great on her.
Popular Images Of Feather Tattoo Designs
Placements of Feather Tattoos
Just in case you do know, the placement of a feather tattoo will also matter to achieve its greatness. Even so, it is all up to you where you wish to put it. But of course, it would be great to think about its placement many times before getting a feather tattoo. In this regard, here are some common placements of this tattoo that you might want to take into account:
- Feather Tattoo on Wrist–The number one body part that you can place your feather tattoo is your wrist. You can have it in both of your left and right wrists. But if you only want one feather tattoo, you can decide whether you want it on your left wrist or right wrist. There is no way it will not look great on that placement.
- Feather Tattoo on Back of the Neck –If you want to be out of ordinary, you can palce your feather tattoo right there at the back of your neck. The fact that people would still go towards your back in order to see this tattoo really makes it more interesting.
- Feather Tattoo on Back of Your Ears –Another very unique yet worth considering placement for your feather tattoo is at the back of your ears. People will surely get very interested to know you if you have such tattoo at the back of your ears. Of course, it can also make you more gorgeous.
- Feather Tattoo on Feet –Yes, it would also look great right there on your left or right foot. In fact a lot of ordinary people and celebrities are having a feather tattoo on this particular body placement.
Feather Tattoos are definitely gorgeous body arts that you can engrave on your body.There are so much gorgeous designs that you can choose from these tattoos, so there is no way you cannot have the one that will really serve its purpose to your own self. Just make sure to put your feather tattoo on the right placement on your body.