These days, there are great numbers of men and tattoo lovers who are choosing dreamcatcher tattoos as their body arts. However, women are the major wearers of a dreamcatcher tattoo since it can display a very gorgeous feminine beauty. Just in case you do not know about the appearance of a dreamcatcher, it is simply a hope that has a woven mesh decorated with some beads and feathers that are hanging from it. It looks like a dangling earing. It is so sad to note that there are many people who are wearing this tattoo, but not all of them know the origin of the dreamcatcher.
Table of Contents
Dreamcatcher Tattoo Meanings
A dreamcatcher is actually being associated to the American Indian culture. It was made to be an important symbol of the culture way back in the 60’s and 70’s. Even so, the original wearers of this tattoo were said to be the Ojibwe people. In the real world situation, dreamcatcher is made for children. It is placed in their rooms in order for them to catch some good dreams. Some people have a belief that nightmares will go through in the hole in the middle. As the bad dreams are filtered out and the good ones are trapped on the web. By wearing Dreamcatcher tattoos, it can help you in chasing away those bad dreams so that you can enjoy good dreams.
The Components of Dreamcatcher Tattoos
It cannot be denied that there are a lot of people who already heard about a dreamcatcher tattoo, but they do not have any idea what it looks like and what are the components of such tattoo. In case you are one of those people, then consider yourself lucky since listed below are the components of such tattoo that will make you well-acquainted about it.
- Hoop – The very first important component of dreamcatcher tattoos is the hoop. Depending on the design, it can be a single hoop or more. There are some designs that involve a big and a small hoops. The hoop will signify the life cycle of a person who is wearing the tattoo.
- Web – The second very significant component of this tattoo is the web. Yes, you guess it right. This is just like the spider web. It is designed right there at the center of the hoop. It is said that the function of the web is to trap all the bad dreams that you might experience when you are sleeping.
- Bead – Bead is another very important component of the tattoo in order to achieve its stunning look. The entire tattoo will not be complete without a single or more beads. Needless to say, the size of the bead will always depend on the entire size of the design that you choose. Most of the time, the bead will represent the spider that is located at the center of the web.
- Feather – And to complete the gorgeous tattoo image of a dreamcatcher, a feather is very important. It will be hanged under the hoop and it represents the air that you will be breathing while you are sleeping. The presence of the feather will ensure that there is air for you to breath.
Placements of Dreamcatcher Tattoos
Just in case you do know, the placement of a dreamcatcher tattoo will also matter to achieve its greatness. Even so, it is all up to you where you wish to put it. But of course, it would be great to think about its placement many times before getting a dreamcatcher tattoo. In this regard, here are some common placements of this tattoo that you might want to take into account:
- Dreamcatcher tattoo on Wrist–The number one body part that you can place your dreamcatcher tattoo is your wrist. You can have it in both of your left and right wrists. But if you only want one dreamcatcher tattoo, you can decide whether you want it on your left wrist or right wrist. There is no way it will not look great on that placement.
- Dreamcatcher tattoo on Back of the Neck –If you want to be out of ordinary, you can place your dreamcatcher tattoo right there at the back of your neck. The fact that people would still go towards your back in order to see this tattoo really makes it more interesting.
- Dreamcatcher tattoo on Back of Your Ears –Another very unique yet worth considering placement for your dreamcatcher tattoo is at the back of your ears. People will surely get very interested to know you if you have such tattoo at the back of your ears. Of course, it can also make you more gorgeous.
- Dreamcatcher tattoo on Feet –Yes, it would also look great right there on your left or right foot. In fact a lot of ordinary people and celebrities are having a dreamcatcher tattoo on this particular body placement.
Famous People Who Have Dreamcatcher Tattoos
If there are a lot of ordinary people who have engraved dreamcatcher tattoos on ther bodies, there are also some famous people who have them. In fact, they are more than proud to display these tattoos in public. Here are some names of these famous personalities:
- Miley Cyrus – Who would not know about Miley Cyrus by the way? She is a very controversial American singer-songwriter who also happens to be an actress. This controversial American celebrity has a huge dreamcatcher tattoo located right there at her right rib cage area. The tattoo is made up of 4 feathers that represent 4 siblings in her family. The entire design simply signifies family protection.
- Vanessa Franco – Vanessa Franco is another celebrity who is a very big fan of a dreamcatcher tattoo. She has this very gorgeous tattoo right there at the right rib cage just like Miley Cyrus. She got this tattoo way back on July 8, 2014.
- Vanessa White – Vanessa White is a 26-year-old English actress, dancer, and singer-songwriter. She has this very gorgeous dreamcatcher tattoo located on her right forearm. And under it are a heart and a cross tattoos located right there on wrist area.
Popular Images Of Dreamcatcher Tattoos
Some Beautiful Designs for Dreamcatcher Tattoos
Of course, there are a number of designs that you can choose when you are thinking of having a dreamcatcher tattoo. It is all up to you what to choose. Even so, you should remember at all times that there are several things that you need to consider before choosing one such as the size of the tattoo design, the color, and even the placement on your body. In relation to this, here are some of the gorgeous designs that you can take into account when it comes to dreamcatcher tattoos:
- Bird Dreamcatcher Tattoo Design – As its name suggests, this design of a dreamcatcher tattoo involves an image of a bird. However, it does not mean that you have to include the whole image of a bird. Its head is more than enough. The most common bird that is used in this design is the owl. You can make the illusion of having the whole head image of the owl as the hoop of the dreamcatcher.
- Eye Dreamcatcher Tattoo Design – This design is very common among women tattoo lovers. Of course, it involves a very beautiful eye image. To achieve the desired beauty of this design, the eye must be placed right there at the center of the web inside the hoop. This can ensure that there will be no even a single bad dream that will come across your mind while you are sleeping. To achieve more femininity, you can add an image of a rose petal placed at the top of the hoop.
- Elephant Dreamcatcher Tattoo Design – Who says bigger size animals cannot be incorporated with the dreamcatcher tattoo? They are actually great designs to be added on a dreamcatcher tattoo. One good example is the elephant. If you are an elephant lover, then the elephant dreamcatcher tattoo design is definitely the best one for you.
- Small and Big Dreamcatcher Tattoo Design – Obviously, this design is composed of a smaller size and bigger size image of a dreamcatcher. The secret in this design is on how you draw and place them. They should be connected to one other. The first one should be the bigger size dreamcatcher and under it should be the smaller size one. It would be great to be placed right there in your arms.
- Deer Dreamcatcher Tattoo Design – If you are not that a lover of an elephant or a bird, then maybe you can try the deer dreamcatcher tattoo design. There is also no need to get inked with the entire image of a deer. Just its head is enough. It should be placed at the center of the hoop of a dreamcatcher design.
Dreamcatcher tattoos are very meaningful and gorgeous tattoo that you can have on your body. This is the reason why it is no longer surprising why there are so many people who are choosing these tattoos, even those famous personalities in the world. You can choose amongst the seas of designs for these tattoos. However, be careful in choosing and make sure that it fits you best.