Dragon tattoos are extremely famous nowadays among tattoo lovers in the entire world, and you are aware of that for sure. These are considered to be amongst those animal tattoos that are worn by a lot of people, regardless of their sexual orientation. Well, there is no question about that since dragon is a mythical creature that is loved by many in the past years and even up to this day. Despite the fact that no one can really say that they have seen dragons in their entire lives, there are still a lot of people who choose these tattoos to be engraved on their body. Without a doubt, you can be the center of attraction when you have these tattoos, fulfilling the number one reason of having tattoos.
Table of Contents
Symbolisms And Meanings of Dragon Tattoos
Just in case you do not know, there are much deeper reasons why people choose to have these tattoos on their body. Meaning to say, they are having these tattoos not only for the fact that these can make them the center of attractions and make them look even gorgeous specially to the opposite sexes. These are the meanings and the symbolisms behind the different dragon tattoos. Some of the symbolisms of these tattoos are the following:
- Strength – A dragon tattoo actually symbolizes strength, and this is all because of the fact that this creature is extremely powerful. Many people believe that it can destroy an entire city by using fire that it can release through its mouth. This is also the reason why it represents power and bravery.
- Balance in Life – Another thing that a dragon tattoo is the balance of life. This is what Japanese people believe in. As a matter of fact, a dragon is an integral part of Japanese Mythology. In this mythology, the dragon is known to be the water deity. The Japanese culture believes that a dragon has a camel head, carp scales, eagle claws, and tiger paws.
- Good Luck – The Chinese people have this belief that a dragon symbolizes good luck. In fact, dragon is a sacred symbol in the Chinese culture. It is also representing goodwill and wisdom to them.
- Evilness – Another thing that a dragon tattoo represents is evilness. This is according to the Western culture. Western people believe that this creature is feared by a lot of people, making it to be the epitome of evil. As a matter of fact, European folklore made dragons as evil creatures in a number of their tales.
Celebrities with Dragon Tattoos
There are so many celebrities in the world these days who are into tattoos. In fact, these famous individuals are some of the reasons why tattoos became every popular worldwide. A dragon tattoo is one of their favorites, of course. Here are some names of these famous celebrities:
- Angelina Jolie – This 41-year-old American actress and philanthropist looks even more gorgeous of her Chinese-style dragon tattoo that is located on her left arm, particularly on the upper part.
- Karrueche Tran – This 28-year-old American model and actress is also a great fan of a dragon tattoo. She has this very colorful dragon tattoo on her left arm that definitely enhances her gorgeous look.
- Pink – Pink is a very famous American singer nowadays, and he has a gorgeous dragon tattoo located on her left thigh.
- Debra Wilson – Debra Wilson is a 54-year-old American comedian and actress, and she’s is a big fan of tattoos. She has a dragon tattoo on her right thigh, along with tribal tattoos.
Popular Pictures Of Dragon Tattoo Designs
The Common Dragon Tattoo Placements
Needless to say, it is all up to the wearers where they want to put their dragon tattoos. Even so, there are some common placements for these tattoos that you might want to consider, regardless of the culture that you are following. Here are some of these common placements:
- Dragon Tattoos on Back – You surely know that a dragon has an elongated body. Because of this, it requires a lot more spaces from your body as far as tattooing is concerned. This is the main reason why the common body placement of many people for a dragon tattoo is the back portion of their body.
- Dragon Tattoos on Chest – Chest is another common body placement for a dragon tattoo. This is very common to men since women have breasts that may affect the entire gorgeous illusion of a dragon tattoo. From the chest, you can extend the dragon tattoo design to your stomach or to your shoulder.
- Dragon Tattoos on Arms – Dragon tattoos will also look great on your arms for sure. It is simply because human arms are naturally long, making it perfect for the elongated body of a dragon. You can decide where the tattoo would start. It is either right there on your shoulder or from your wrist. It is up for you to decide.
- Dragon Tattoos on Legs – Human legs are also long, so these can also be perfect locations for a dragon tattoo. Of course, it is also your decision if you want to get tattooed both on your right and left legs or just one. To make the tattoo design more interesting, you can tell your professional tattoo artist to extend the tattoo towards your thigh part.
- Dragon Tattoos on Neck – If you want smaller design of a dragon tattoo, it is actually possible. Even so, it needs great expertise from the tattoo artist since the details is very tiny, which need an expert hand. In this case, the neck area is the best body placement for the tattoo.
- Dragon Tattoos on Wrist – Your wrist can also be a perfect location for your smaller dragon tattoo. However, it will be a little bit painful for you since wrist is packed with minor and major nerves that connect to some other organs of yours. Hence, you must be brave enough to endure the pain.
Dragon tattoos is undeniably very popular tattoo choices of many people in the world, including those famous celebrities. These are gorgeous body adornments that you can complement with some other tattoo designs in order for them to look even more beautiful to the eyes of many.