Cross tattoos are common kinds of body adornments that can be found in great numbers of people all throughout the globe. Even though these tattoos are common these days, they can still be very unique through the fact that these are religious related tattoos. Religious related tattoos are not that the favorites of many, especially to those teenagers out there. Most of the wearers of these tattoos are those people who have strong faith and belief to their own religion. Even though a cross tattoo is a religious related body adornment, it does not mean that it cannot be extremely beautiful to the wearer’s body. Even so, you have to be careful in choosing the main designs of the tattoo, so that your purpose of tattooing it can be served well.
Table of Contents
Meanings and Symbolisms Of Cross Tattoos
For you to know, the cross tattoos are not only for some beautification purposes. They have some deeper meanings that made these tattoos extremely interesting to have on your body. In other words, these will not only make you more beautiful and handsome in the eyes of many, but also make you a very interesting person because of the meanings and symbolism that these tattoos can bring. In relation to this, here are some of the meanings and symbolisms of these tattoos that you need to keep in mind if you want to have them on your own body:
- Liberation – One very important thing that a cross tattoo is symbolizing is liberation. It simply means that people who are wearing such tattoo on their body is saying that they are free and liberated. They are not being imprisoned to something that can make them stagnant in the flow of life. If you want to show how liberated you are to do the things that you want to do without stepping into someone’s feet, then getting inked with this tattoo is the best thing to do.
- Loyalty – Loyalty is another thing that this tattoo is representing. Yes, you read it right. There are lots of people in the world who are wearing a cross tattoo because they simply want to show how loyal they are to someone or something. Just like for Christians, a cross tattoo is definitely a sacred thing to these people. The symbol of the cross is a good sign of Christianism. Christian people want to show their loyalty to their religion, which is the main reason why many of them are wearing such tattoo.
- Bravery – People who are wearing cross tattoos on their body are also known to be very brave kinds of individuals. What do you think is the main reason for this? Well, it is simply because they are not afraid to show to the world that they consider the cross as a religious symbol that they are praising with. Good examples are those Christians out there who have a cross tattoo on their body. They are brave enough to admit to the other people that they are Christians, and they are more than well prepared to die as Christians through their tattoos. Aren’t they brave enough? In case you are one of those Christian people who are very proud of their religion, then why not engrave a cross tattoo on your own body.
- Faith – Again, this can be greatly associated to Christianism. People who have these tattoos on their body are simply saying that they are strong faith to Christianism, which happens to be their religion. These people believe everything that Christianism is trying to teach them. Even so, do you know that you can also wear a cross tattoo even though you are not a Christian? Yes, it is actually all up to you if you find this tattoo very interesting to have. Just make sure that the meaning of your tattoo is not concentrating on religion. You do not have to worry because a cross also means a lot more things about life apart from religion.
- Honor – Another thing that this tattoo is symbolizing is honor. In other words, people who have this tattoo feel very honored that they are Christians, and they are honored to have the cross tattoo on their body as a great symbol of Christianism. Remember that not all people can wear such very religious tattoo, so if you are one of those who are allowed to wear it, you should be very thankful about that.
Celebrities with Beautiful and Meaningful Cross Tattoo Design
As what being said, cross tattoos are not only very beautiful in appearance, but also extremely meaningful. Because of this, the wearers of these tattoos will surely appear very intriguing to the eyes of many people. Thus, it is no longer surprising why there are lots of famous personalities in the world who are wearing these tattoos. Some of the names of these celebrities are the following:
- India Westbrooks – India Westbrooks is a very gorgeous lady who became intensely popular in the entire world. India looks even more gorgeous because of her cross tattoos that can be found at the back of her neck. The design is actually a red rose that is incorporated with a cross sign at the center of the flower itself. She also has another cross tattoo that is located at her back. It is a red cross tattoo dedicated to her grandmother.
- Sara Forsberg – Sara Maria Forsberg is a 22-year-old Finnish songwriter and singer. She also became extremely popular through YouTube. At the right forearm of Sara, a cross tattoo can be found that is accompanied with the word “FREJ”.
- Renee Olstead – Renee Olstead is a 27-year-old American singer and actress. She is also a big fan of a cross tattoo. She has this very gorgeous tattoo right there on her right ankle. The design is actually a rosary bead necklace.
Gorgeous Designs for Cross Tattoos
Needless to say, in case you are thinking of having a cross tattoo engraved on your own body, one of the important things that you have to take into account is the design of the tattoo. It is certainly good news for you that this tattoo can offer you a lot of extremely beautiful designs that you can wear as your body tattoo. Every single design has different meaning, so make sure that you know the real meaning of the design before finally undergoing the tattooing process. Here are some of the gorgeous designs that you can take into account when talking about a cross tattoo:
- Celtic Cross Tattoo Design – This design is definitely a very gorgeous one. What you can see in this design is the image of the cross that is placed at the center of a circle. This circle actually represents the sun. The Celtic cross tattoo is also known as the Irish cross tattoo. The entire design of this cross tattoo is enhanced through the help of the Celtic knot art work. It is the main secret of this design to make it extremely beautiful in appearance.
- Holy Cross Tattoo Design – This is the design that is very popular to the Christian people. Christians strongly believe that a cross is a holy religious symbol of Christianism. Just the image of the cross alone is enough for it to look very beautiful and meaningful. Even so, the entire design can still become more gorgeous through the incorporation of several other sub designs that fit the cross image. You can add some religious texts written on the cross or beside the cross. You can even add some more sub designs like some beautiful colorful flowers like roses. It is all up to you since you are the wearer of the tattoo.
- Tribal Cross Tattoo Design – Who would forget about the tribal cross design by the way? Tribal design is extremely popular, not only for a cross tattoo but also for some other kinds of tattoos as well. As a matter of fact, a lot of tattoo experts in the world said that the tribal design is the number one tattoo design that is chosen by the higher percentage of men and women tattoo lovers worldwide. That is how powerful the gorgeousness and the meaningfulness of this design.
- Gothic Cross Tattoo Design – The Celtics cross tattoo design and the Gothic cross tattoo design actually have a lot of commons, which is why they are believed to be related to one another. However, this design involves a number of intricate patterns that made it very time consuming when tattooed on someone’s body. In this case, it can be compared to the tribal cross tattoo design. Furthermore, this design also involves dark symbols such as blood, skeletons, and bats. In other words, this design might be very scary to some other people. But if you only know its meanings, then you will surely not be scared on it.
Beautiful Images Of Cross Tattoos
Common Placements for Cross Tattoos
Here are some of the common placements for the cross tattoos:
- Cross Tattoos on Arms – Your arms are said to be the perfect locations for your cross tattoo. You can decide if you will place it on the right arm, left arm, elbow, wrist, or in any other parts of the arms.
- Cross Tattoos on Chest – A lot of heart tattoo lovers also consider placing the tattoo on their chest. The tattoo will only be visible when you are topless.
- Cross Tattoos on Back – When you want it to be seen by the other people around you, you can just cover it with your shirt.
- Cross Tattoos on Wrist–The number one body part that you can place your this tattoo is your wrist. You can have it in both of your left and right wrists.
- Cross Tattoos on Stomach – Another perfect placement for this tattoo is stomach. This is a common option of many women tattoo lovers in the world who consider having this tattoos.
- Cross Tattoo on Thigh –If you want to have your cross tattoos not that obvious to some other people, you can choose to place them on your thighs.
Without a doubt, cross tattoos are very meaningful and gorgeous body adornments that you can have, especially if you are a very religious type of a person. Choose the best design for you, and make sure to consider your own personality in choosing a certain cross tattoo design. In this way, you can be sure that the final tattoo product will be nothing but a worth having one.