Chest tattoos become extremely popular these days, as more and more people began to appreciate the positive sides of tattoos. Hence, it is no longer surprising why no matter where you go, people who are sporting tattoos on their body can still be seen. The truth is, there are different reasons why a person is sporting tattoos. There are those who find tattoos as great signs of their brave personality, while there are also those who are just complying on what is the current trend. Moreover, some people decided to get tattooed as part of their own fashion sense. Even so, whatever your specific reason is for having tattoos, one thing is for sure and this is the fact that chest tattoos are as cool as other tattoos that can be found on some other body parts.
Table of Contents
Advantages and Disadvantages of Chest Tattoos
Chest tattoos have their own pros and cons. Chest tattoos are more suitable for men as they can be drawn over a broad area, which means that the artist can focus on better detailing because of the larger surface area offered. Also, this promises that the size of the tattoo is not an issue as they can be extended both upwards and downwards, covering other body parts along with the chest. In this way, there is no need to make any compromise with the design due to scarcity of the area. Additionally, the pain factor matters significantly, as in case of men, this area is not so sensitive and the pain of getting a tattoo done here is bearable. Click to know more about chest tattoo pain @yahoo answers and @quora. The skin in the upper area of the chest is also less susceptible to age related changes in both men and women, which makes these tattoos lasting. In this way, tattoo lovers who get chest tattoos done are likely to get value for their money.
On the other hand, the chest and breast area is very sensitive in case of women. This makes chest tattoo engraving very painful for them, which is the reason why many women abstain from this form of tattoo art. Moreover, women cannot simply bare it all to display their chest tattoo, which reduces the value of chest tattoo in women. Most of the women, if they opt for a chest tattoo, will prefer to have the same in the upper chest area, near the shoulder.
Some Types of Chest Tattoos for Men and Women
Of course, it is just normal for you to find numerous kinds of chest tattoos that are perfect for men and women out there. What is important here is you know how to determine the kind of chest tattoos that will suit you best, since not all of these types will look good on you. This is why you need to make sure that you choose the very best one. Here are some of them:
- Heavenly Characters As Chest Tattoo – Such type of chest tattoos for men and women are the choice of many individuals. Those people who find tattooing an undesirable thing to do may even like this kind of chest tattoo. Good examples of these heavenly characters are fairies and angels. For additional meanings to the tattoos, it would be best to tell your tattoo artist to add some phrases or words that mean a lot to you. Check our hand-picked collection of Fairy tattoo designs.
- Animal Chest Tattoos – This kind can never go outdated. It is simply because there are still a lot of people out there who prefer animals to be tattooed not only on their chest, but also on some other parts of their body. Good examples of these animals are birds, fishes, and tigers. For a feminine personality, dove would be perfect while masculinity can be perfectly matched with an eagle, a spider, or a lion. You might want to check our collection of spider tattoos, peacock tattoos, eagle tattoos
- Religious Symbols As Chest Tattoo – This is another popular type of a chest tattoo, especially to those people who make use of tattoos in showing their religious beliefs and how they are oriented enough when it comes to their religion. This type will range from crucifixes up to the images of saints and Jesus Christ as tattoo designs.
- Tribal Chest Tattoos – A lot of men and women are going for tribal chest tattoos simply because of the great aesthetics they can exude when tribal designs are engraved on their chest. However, you must be careful enough in choosing since tribal designs usually have meanings, which you might don’t like to know. Hence, it is best for you not to be ignorant when choosing tribal tattoo designs.
- Fictional Characters As Chest Tattoo – Fictional characters are the choices of a lot of men when it comes to chest tattoos. Even so, this does not mean that these are not good for women’s chests. Women who have masculine personality can perfectly sport this kind of chest tattoo.
- Hearts As Chest Tattoo – Without a doubt, this is the most common chest tattoo type not because the human heart can be found on the chest part, but because this is a very cool and sweet type of tattoo. A lot of couples in the world can confirm it for sure.
Chest Tattoos For Men
Different Designs Perfect in Chest Tattoos for Men and Women
Needless to say, there are a lot of options that you can have when it comes to the designs of chest tattoos for men and women. Prior to choosing the design that will be engraved on your chest, make sure to taken into account several important things first. Here are some perfect designs for chest tattoos that might be suitable for you:
- Butterfly Design As Chest Tattoo – Nothing can beat the attractiveness of this chest tattoo design. It does not even matter of if you are a girl or a boy when you for butterfly design. For boys, this design would surely show the feminine and soft sides of themselves. For an interesting twist for this particular design, adding a religious symbol like cross at the center of it will do the trick.
- Winged Rose Design As Chest Tattoo – As its name suggests, this gorgeous design for chest tattoos has the lovely rose flower to be engraved at the center. It will then be added with wings just like an angel or eagle wings. Wings will surely add some twists on the simple rose design, making it perfect for men and women.
- Single Feather Design As Chest Tattoo – If you think a single feather design would be a boring chest tattoo design, then think again. This is very common for women, but it does not mean that it is not good for men. If you want uncomplicated designs, then this is the one that you should engrave on your chest.
- Superman Logo Design As Chest Tattoo – A lot of boys simply love this particular chest tattoo design because of the total masculinity it exudes. After all, Superman is a male superhero. However, it does not matter if you are a girl and you want this design to be tattooed on your chest. If you are the braver type of a girl, this design will showcase your masculine side. Just make sure to add some additional designs that will show your natural feminine image.
- Angel Design As Chest Tattoo – Who would not love sporting an angel tattoo on their chest by the way? Aside from the fact that this is a Godly symbol, angel design will also look very attractive in the eyes of other people, making you to be an ultimate head turner when you go somewhere. For males, female angels would be perfect while females can perfectly go for male angels.
- Owl Chest Tattoo Design – For all those owl lovers out there, this is something that you should not miss without trying. It will surely look lovely on your chest. Just make sure that your tattoo artist can clearly and perfectly draw the image of an owl bird, so that everything will go into the right places. At the sides of the owl, some plant leaves or flowers can be added to add more color and life to the design.
- Heart and Rose Design As Chest Tattoo – There is no question about the perfection of this tattoo design, as far as chest tattoos are concerned. The main reason is very obvious. It is because heart and rose symbolize “LOVE”, and love can be felt exactly right there on the chest part. A lot of in-loved couples surely love sporting this tattoo design.
If you are thinking of engraving chest tattoos for men and women, then it will be very advantageous on your part to keep all those things above in mind. Those important bits of information about chest tattoos will serve as your guides on your chest tattooing journey. Not all people will appreciate the designs that you may choose, which is why you need to take some time determining which chest tattoo type and design that would be perfect for you.