Cherry blossom tattoos are getting more and more popular every single day. It is simply because more and more people all throughout the world are considering to have flower tattoos engraved on their body, and a cherry blossom tattoo design is one of the most preferred options. Just in case you do not know, a cherry blossom flower is pink in color, and this is not the usual type of a flower which is only growing below the human height. Yes, you read it right. The cherry blossom flower blooms from the cherry blossom tree, which could grow like the typical tree that exceeds human height. Such flower is commonly growing in the regions of East Europe and West Asia.
Table of Contents
Important Meanings of Cherry Blossom Tattoos
Yes, a cherry blossom tattoo is undeniably one extremely beautiful body art that you can have in your life. You just have to find the finest tattoo artist in town who can help you with such thing. Even so, do you know that a cherry blossom tattoo is more than just a body decoration? It is simply because a cherry blossom flower is signifying a lot of things, and so with the cherry blossom tattoos. Let’s try to know the important meanings and symbolisms of cherry blossom.
- Beauty – A cherry blossom flower is symbolizing beauty, and there is no question about that for sure. Do not try to make things difficult here. The explanation is just literal, and it is because a cherry blossom flower is something that will mesmerize you.
- Optimism – What do you think why a cherry blossom is being associated to optimism? Well, the explanation is actually very simple to understand. The cherry blossom flower only blooms when spring time is about to come. Meaning to say, the cherry blossom tree has no flowers if spring is not yet coming. When you relate it to your life, there are times that you are in hardships. However, you keep on hoping because you know that you will have everything you need someday just like the cherry blossom tree that will fully bloom when spring is about to come. The key here is you are being optimistic.
- Love – In case you think that only rose and lily flowers can represent love, then you are definitely wrong. Even though a cherry blossom flower has a pink color, it is also a great symbol of love. In fact, cherry blossom flowers have been part of many couples’ lives in the past years and even up to these days.
- Impermanence – Another meaning of a cherry blossom flower and cherry blossom tattoos is impermanence. It is reminding the entire humanity that nothing is permanent in this world. You might be having a tough time now, but soon enough everything will be alright. This is actually where optimism comes in.
- Strength – A cherry blossom flower also represents strength. It is simply because a cherry blossom tree can stand the test of time and remain standing despite of the bad weather that may challenge it. It will be standing there right where it is growing until its flowers fully bloom when spring season is about to come.
Some other things that a cherry blossom represents are nobility, prosperity, renewal, fragility, purity, life, fertility, and femininity.
The Right Placement for Your Cherry Blossom Tattoo
While it is true that you can place your cherry blossom tattoo any part of your body you want to, it is still best to think about the location properly while considering several important things. Here are some of the best body parts where you can place your cherry blossom tattoo:
- Cherry blossom tattoo on Thighs – In case you do not want to expose your cherry blossom tattoo to everybody due to some important reasons, then you can have your tattoo placed on your thigh part. It will only be showed when you are only wearing underwear and maybe, shorts.
- Cherry blossom tattoo on Back – In case you do not know, most of the gorgeous designs of the cherry blossom tattoo need bigger and wider space of your body. This is the main reason why your back is one perfect place. You can choose to have your full back, the lower back, or the upper back. It is all up to you to decide.
- Cherry blossom tattoo on Chest – For those men who want to have a cherry blossom tattoo on their body, the chest part is perfect for the tattoo design since men has wider flat chest. Women can still have it on their chest actually, but the size would be smaller than to those of men.
- Cherry blossom tattoo on Back of the Neck – In case you just want to have smaller size of a cherry blossom designed tattoo but you still want to expose it to everyone, you can choose to have it engraved right there at the back portion of your neck. There is no way it won’t look amazing there.
Popular Images Of Cherry Blossom Tattoo Designs
Cherry Blossom Tattoos and their Variations
Needless to say, there are a number of variations that you can consider when it comes to the design of your cherry blossom tattoo. These designs may be related to various cultures in the world since this flower has something to do with the ancient cultures of many people. Here are some of these variations that every tattoo lover should take into account:
- Chinese Cherry Blossom Design – This cherry blossom tattoo variation is very common among women tattoo lovers in the world. This is the main reason why this particular variation is believed to exude the essence of femininity. This is the choice of those women who want to emphasize their courage in overcoming every obstacle that may come into their lives. It will also mean that its wearers are very proud for their unique beauty and for the fact that they are independent individuals.
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Design – Japanese culture has also been associated to cherry blossom tattoos since cherry blossom flowers are abundantly growing in the beautiful and progressive country of Japan. In the Japanese culture, this flower is considered to be very meaningful and beautiful. Japanese people call cherry blossom as Sakura. Some famous designs of the Japanese cherry blossom tattoo are falling petals of cherry blossom and a cherry blossom tree that is fully blooming amidst the winter snow. Every design is surely to emphasize the flower’s incomparable beauty and the fact that these flowers may fade away in due time.
- Buddhist Cherry Blossom Design – The beautiful cherry blossom flower has also been associated to a religion known as Buddhism. According to this religion, this flower is a symbol of enlightenment. This is the reason why a lot of Buddhists in the past years and even up to these days are engraving cherry blossom tattoos on their body. Buddhists also believe that life is just like the cherry blossom, it is sweet yet a temporary one.
Without a doubt, cherry blossom tattoos can be your perfect body art if you just know their significance. Not only that, you should also know where you have them tattooed on your body, so that these will look stunning in the eyes of other people. But if you don’t want to expose it, then choose a specific body part where it can be hide by your daily clothing.