A number of bloggers are prepping to attend Camp Mighty next weekend – a Life-List oriented retreat from the founders of Mighty Events. But aside from the usual pre-conference wardrobe preparations, attendees are also gearing up by raising money for Charity Water. Each camper is required to raise or donate $200 to the charity, an organization that drill wells around the world to bring clean water to thousands of people living in impoverished conditions. This particular fundraiser will go towards helping Charity Water build a new drilling rig, which will exponentially increase production of new wells. (Of note: Charity Water has been widely sited as a charity that made great use of social media, in particularly utilizing twitter to allow people to track where new wells are being built).
Several bloggers are running fundraisers to support the cause on their own sites:
- Lisa is selling art prints for $18, with all proceeds being donated towards Charity Water.
- Erica will bake and send banana bread to anyone donating over $25 in her name.
- Amy of Just a Titch sold a virtual raffle ticket (now closed). Each ticket cost $2 and the lucky winner got a $25 Amazon Gift Card, Homemade brownies, a mix CD and a few other random goodies.
- Jamie is raffling off her first generation iPad.
- Eden is raffling off a beautiful necklace that she made, a camera and an Amazon Gift card.
- Alison is selling greeting cards at Thistle Craft Studio and will be donating $1.00 from every card sold to Charity Water.
- Christine from Boston Mamas and Asha from Parent Hacks are teaming up to raffle off a gift basket worth $350.
- Andrea of Four Flights of Fancy is selling ad space on her blog with 50% of the proceeds being donated to Charity Water.
- Megan sold Dalia pins in her Etsy shop, but they sold out within a few hours.
- Kristen is offering promotional space on Rage Against the MInivan for a donation of $50 or more.
- Leah at A Girl and A Boy is giving away a Flip cam.
- Leslie is offering an 8×10 print (unframed) from any photograph in her portfolio for every $25 donation.
- Amber is hosting an open bar in New York City in exchange for a donation
To learn more about Charity Water and the work they do, watch the promotional video they released this fall: